Lt. Commander
# 1 What Is Club 47 Good For?
05-08-2010, 02:53 PM
I think Club 47 @ the earth starbase is currently a waste.

I have a few suggestions.
Firstly, I saw something on a science channel one day how companies were utilizing some game for meetings instead of actually traveling in the real world. A virtual meeting if you will.
It got me to thinking about how perhaps "events" like meet the devs, or contests like most original character /avatar ect. could be hosted at this location on certian days, (weekends ect.) Where players could meet and be social.
I'm not a lifer yet, so I can only imagine, but I always though that this was what the Captian's table was like.
There are a lot of really great original looking characters running around this game and I thought this might be fun, maybe give some special ultra rare tribble or something as a prize.

There are all kinds of fleet events and meet and greets that could go on there or at the lounge. I understand that there are people from all over the world playin this game. Maybe have a introduce yourself event ect.
Every now and then, by accident, I get to talkin with someone between shots in battle and I discover that they are halfway around the world from me and I'm blown away.

Maybe even have a few virtual classes if you will, where advanced players can give tips to newbies. Or where someone new to the game with questions could go and socially get answers and tips maybe team up for a mission after getting to talking. Maybe discuss armament layouts, or combat strageties ect.

Just a thought -
I think these events could be fun.

What do you think?

Sorry for the typos -

Also have things that you can buy either for yourself, or a buddy, or someone who has a cute character. Either a tribble, or a food item that has some value or buff ect. Or maybe costume pieces, or costume decorations.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Now that is a very good idea. It might help draw in some positive attention.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2010, 03:09 AM
i thinl it would be a great place to crack open some romulan ale, and start a punchup with some nausicans using only a toothbrush and the wing mirror of an aston martin as a weapon..
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2010, 04:34 AM
I was going to quote "War' by Edwin Starr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-2p...eature=related
What is it good for? You'll see in the song. :p

However, it can be used a social area (as well as a place to acquire shady disruptor weapons from Ferengi).

I'd like to see more reasons to use social hubs in the game (aside from picking up a mission or trading exploration marks).

What functionality would you add to Club 47?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I was going to quote "War' by Edwin Starr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-2p...eature=related
What is it good for? You'll see in the song. :p

However, it can be used a social area (as well as a place to acquire shady disruptor weapons from Ferengi).

I'd like to see more reasons to use social hubs in the game (aside from picking up a mission or trading exploration marks).

What functionality would you add to Club 47?
Club 47. (huah) Yeah... (what is it good for?) Absolutely ... (nothing!)
Lt. Commander
# 6 nice
05-10-2010, 07:53 AM
great idea. I have a concept also

I think it should be a place where you can post your opinion about star trek ship designs. Usually in star trek canon a capatin had a hand in their ship design and concept. sometimes even adding in a few options that star fleet didnt know about. can anyone say sisko lol. make it a holo deck style place where you can add in programming to sllow for design concepts to be submitted to cryptic. It seems your designers need some help in creating star trek ship designs. We the community feel we have no say in these questionable designs that are coming out. If i have to pay extra for something I want to have a say in its design like a captain in star trek do have.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-10-2010, 08:18 AM
********* has a feature called "Party Room" where anyone can deposit stuff in a box, and then when its time balloons are released that can be popped that contains random items of whatever was contributed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
great idea. I have a concept also

I think it should be a place where you can post your opinion about star trek ship designs. Usually in star trek canon a capatin had a hand in their ship design and concept. sometimes even adding in a few options that star fleet didnt know about. can anyone say sisko lol. make it a holo deck style place where you can add in programming to sllow for design concepts to be submitted to cryptic. It seems your designers need some help in creating star trek ship designs. We the community feel we have no say in these questionable designs that are coming out. If i have to pay extra for something I want to have a say in its design like a captain in star trek do have.
List these captains that designed the ships they got please.

Captains got what starfleet handed them, they may have made refits, but they took what they got. Kirk got the used Enterprise, then he got another used ship renamed, Picard got a new ship but didn't design it, then got another new ship, Sulu got a used Excelsior, Janeway got the new Voyager but didn't design it, Calhoun had an old Ambassador, then got a Galaxy, Shelby got a Galaxy, Riker got the Titan, new but didn't design the Luna class vessel.

Sisko is the only one listed to have anything to do with being involved is a ships construction and thats because he was working at the shipyards, and that ship wasn't being given to him at that time he was just working on it as part of his posting.

Just debating the captains designing ships thing, not what you want to do with 47.

I need to go wash all this nerd off my hands now 8') Hehe I knew that stuff too easily.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Short and Simple: Love the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-31-2010, 06:58 AM
I think we should be able to fight and shoot up the place and storm the Star Base for fun. NPC against players!