Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
That was just a "spitball" idea. I understand that skills and consoles add in. But I was just giving an example, of something that could work, if the dynamics are worked out,

But the way it stands, this is pretty much broken.

Yet at the same time, these premade groups keep wondering why the PvP population is dropping, while they are frustrating players out of PvP.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

Reminds me of an episode of the Honeymooners.... where Ralph is telling his wife Alice that he is the king and she is nothing... and he keeps saying it until he tells her to recite what he is.

She says..

"Your the king of nothing."

That is where they are headed.
Ohh, Okay. But do you see the point I was making about moving the abilities entirely?

As for the premade fleets, I have not come across a "good" or "skilled" fleet/premade that uses the BTS abilities. There is one I actually have a total of 8 minutes of video proof that they exploit BTS and knowingly doing it, so I wouldn't consider them good or skilled. If anything it takes more "skill" to succeed in a pug, because most of the time you don't know everyone on your team, and cannot rely on teamwork, or what tactics/outfit they have. Where as a premade, they practice, they use VoIP, and know exactly what everyone is going to do on their team, roles applied. It is as it is in real life. There is practice, and than there is talent.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayupan
Ohh, Okay. But do you see the point I was making about moving the abilities entirely?
Yeah, I definitely understand your point of view on that. Seems odd science has this on their ships and then it is not a science skill...

I agree that it takes a lot more to survive in a PUG. It takes a strong build with the strategy to know how to get into a situation and out of it, not knowing if help is coming.

It is a harder by far than having 4 people on voice ready to defend you. PUG builds are made to survive and thrive. Premade builds are like a series of sticks that are leaning on each other to form a structure. While together they make a strong shape,....take one out and the structure collapses.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
I agree that it takes a lot more to survive in a PUG. It takes a strong build with the strategy to know how to get into a situation and out of it, not knowing if help is coming.

It is a harder by far than having 4 people on voice ready to defend you. PUG builds are made to survive and thrive. Premade builds are like a series of sticks that are leaning on each other to form a structure. While together they make a strong shape,....take one out and the structure collapses.
I hate having to agree with Jarus...

This is one of the few games that literally requires teamwork to be competitive. Both the PUG team and the Premade team can be beaten...it just takes the knowledge and strategy to do it, different builds/loadouts, and communication/teamwork. DOB has it. 182nd has it. Section 31 has it. Don't quite understand why everyone else can't seem to grasp the concept and instead cry for "nerfs."
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyXP View Post
I hate having to agree with Jarus...
I will try to do better in the Future. :p

here.. let me get it started

NERF EVERTHING... RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR

p.s. Good fight the other night, Bounty.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
p.s. Good fight the other night, Bounty.
Yup...although I hate putting out almost 500k damage and over 300k healing and losing! But with two new fleet recruits (one still in a science vessel) it was a lost cause from the beginning...lol. Excellent set of games though. Can't get much more even than splitting the first two with the same score and going 15-13 the last one. You need to get the fleet together more often for more Premades so we can get more decent matches...
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyXP View Post
Yup...although I hate putting out almost 500k damage and over 300k healing and losing! But with two new fleet recruits (one still in a science vessel) it was a lost cause from the beginning...lol. Excellent set of games though. Can't get much more even than splitting the first two with the same score and going 15-13 the last one. You need to get the fleet together more often for more Premades so we can get more decent matches...
Oh, that wasn't a premade. I joined with 1 guy and then the others just stuck in from a cracked planet random pug thingy. We then just queued up again.

I was just flying around spamming ES3, hazard emitters and ET3 to keep them going.

I have played a healer in most MMO's for the past.. well.. since Ultima Online... if that clues you in to my age.

I even was a primary healer pre BC in wow for the Molten core.... as a Shadow priest, because I proved to my guild that I could out heal the holy build guys they had, in shadow form.

I got into the guild because I made a bet with the guild leader that I could get them through Baron as their only healer..in shadow form.. never dropping out..and never letting them die.

I did it.

Good times.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Oh, that wasn't a premade. I joined with 1 guy and then the others just stuck in from a cracked planet random pug thingy. We then just queued up again.

I was just flying around spamming ES3, hazard emitters and ET3 to keep them going.

I have played a healer in most MMO's for the past.. well.. since Ultima Online... if that clues you in to my age.

I even was a primary healer pre BC in wow for the Molten core.... as a Shadow priest, because I proved to my guild that I could out heal the holy build guys they had, in shadow form.

I got into the guild because I made a bet with the guild leader that I could get them through Baron as their only healer..in shadow form.. never dropping out..and never letting them die.

I did it.

Good times.
Being a healer is an essential part of a good team in every game that has a character-class structure. Having two or three good ones on a team makes them substantively better. Good team heals > focus fire/individual skill/so-called exploits/etc. If you're keeping your team up you're doing something right.

PS...Then we share vaguely similar birthdates, even if my maturity level doesn't represent it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-08-2010, 09:18 PM
The TS(X) skills need to be fixed not nerfed. They shouldn't stack to the point that if the counters are on cooldown your SOL, or if your counters are not enough you are SOL. I know ET does nothing to a draining subsystem. Batteries work for a little bit, EPt(X) works but then what are you going to heal team mates with if you have to stack 3 copies just to make sure you get un TS(x). It should be a one time skill and if a another player is dumb enough to use it on a ship with it already too bad. But something has to be done when I am running 125 to shields and they are off line and a battery, EPtS, and power cycling still gets me killed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
So, according to this, you need a team to counter an ability 1 man can use on you. Does that seem a bit odd?

Sorry, but 1 person's attacks should not need a team to counter it.

You DO NOT need a team to counter TSS from ONE player.

You DO Need a team to counter it from MULTIPLE players.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
You DO NOT need a team to counter TSS from ONE player.
You do if they stack it the way I said. And they can keep it up forever. And you know it can be done.