Lt. Commander
# 1 Taking a Break
05-08-2010, 06:04 PM
My significant other and I have decided to not renew our sub this month upcoming. It seems we have done all there is to do in STO right now and neither of us feels the need to go through all the same missions with another character. I have been RA5 for a while with my engineer in my cruiser. I have spent money at the Cryptic store. I have played the game through and quite honestly we have become bored.

It saddens me terribly since I am such an avid Star Trek fan. While I do not have most of the same complaints others have had and actually like the game, I have found the repetitive nature of the game and the incomplete content to be too much. Perhaps in time when the game is more fleshed out and there is more to do I will return. This is assuming the game remains for the long haul. Time shall tell on both fronts.

Until then... Goodbye all and good luck. Save a spot for me at the next Captain's banquet.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Best of luck to you guys. Hope you find a new MMO home that makes y'all happy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2010, 09:08 PM
for every post that says i am leaving on the forums. 1000 people leave in silence.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzimisce View Post
My significant other and I have decided to not renew our sub this month upcoming. It seems we have done all there is to do in STO right now and neither of us feels the need to go through all the same missions with another character. I have been RA5 for a while with my engineer in my cruiser. I have spent money at the Cryptic store. I have played the game through and quite honestly we have become bored.

It saddens me terribly since I am such an avid Star Trek fan. While I do not have most of the same complaints others have had and actually like the game, I have found the repetitive nature of the game and the incomplete content to be too much. Perhaps in time when the game is more fleshed out and there is more to do I will return. This is assuming the game remains for the long haul. Time shall tell on both fronts.

Until then... Goodbye all and good luck. Save a spot for me at the next Captain's banquet.
July and season 2 looks like a good time to come back. The game will be a much more functional MMO at that point. I will be taking a break my-self till then. I will be grinding on a new expansion coming out on tuesday till Season 2 in July.

Obviously I will be playing STO in the future with my LTS. It is just too bad that there is so much missing that I have to leave for a while. I love Star Trek as well. I still have high hopes for the future of STO. If *** can remake thier game over 2 years, STO can do the same IMO.
Closed Thread