Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello Cryptic,

I've been a member of Star Trek Online since I was able to Pre-Order the Lifetime Subscription during the Australian Release Schedule, and even though this is my first post in the Forums, I'd like to ask that you give some consideration to Lifetime Subscribers and the Captains Table.

When you first Introduced the Captains Table, I liked the idea that there was something exclusive for Lifetime Subscribers in game as a reward for the Loyalty and Commitment they've shown Cryptic buy purchasing the fairly Expensive Lifetime Subscription option during the game's release phase.

I also understand the importance of rewarding other players who either chose not to become lifetime members, or have joined since the release date and applaud that you value your subscribers enough to give away new items and perks the longer they play the game ... including the fact that they will eventually be granted access to the Captains Table.

What I'd like to ask for is that you consider creating a separate deck or area on the Captains Table which will be and continue to be exclusively for Lifetime Subscribers to access only ...

Because after all is said and done, it was the people who purchased the lifetime packages initially who believed in Star Trek Online, and Cryptic as the Developers to make the kind of game we've all been waiting for as good as it can be ... and their investment was some of the first revenue Cryptic saw after all their hard work developing the game.

So ... I think that to have some small, exclusive area available to Lifetime Subscribers only as a thankyou for their ongoing Commitment and Support isn't too much to ask.

I hope you give this request some consideration ... Thankyou.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Expired Comment
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2010, 07:31 PM
As a LTS there is no benefit for me to be one. Other than i can play sto whenever i want, but since the games more of a chore to play than enjoyment that consoles me little.

Heck, its not a sense of entitlement, but doing something signifigant for LTS, would be meaningful, but then the whole community is kinda treated baddly so hard to feel sympathy for any group of players including us LTS.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator
Hello Cryptic,

I've been a member of Star Trek Online since I was able to Pre-Order the Lifetime Subscription during the Australian Release Schedule, and even though this is my first post in the Forums, I'd like to ask that you give some consideration to Lifetime Subscribers and the Captains Table.

When you first Introduced the Captains Table, I liked the idea that there was something exclusive for Lifetime Subscribers in game as a reward for the Loyalty and Commitment they've shown Cryptic buy purchasing the fairly Expensive Lifetime Subscription option during the game's release phase.

I also understand the importance of rewarding other players who either chose not to become lifetime members, or have joined since the release date and applaud that you value your subscribers enough to give away new items and perks the longer they play the game ... including the fact that they will eventually be granted access to the Captains Table.

What I'd like to ask for is that you consider creating a separate deck or area on the Captains Table which will be and continue to be exclusively for Lifetime Subscribers to access only ...

Because after all is said and done, it was the people who purchased the lifetime packages initially who believed in Star Trek Online, and Cryptic as the Developers to make the kind of game we've all been waiting for as good as it can be ... and their investment was some of the first revenue Cryptic saw after all their hard work developing the game.

So ... I think that to have some small, exclusive area available to Lifetime Subscribers only as a thankyou for their ongoing Commitment and Support isn't too much to ask.

You're like 2 weeks late with this, and unlike the stuff that was given when the LTS was bought - this was a surprise gift they tossed out there without anyone expecting it. By the time folks get into the Table, they will be folks that care about STO as much as anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2010, 08:08 PM
The Captain's Table was a perk that was originally a free for players who bought lifetime subscriptions.

It wasn't expected, nor was I even aware of it when I got my lifetime subscription.

As I see, give it to anyone now and it seems even more prudent to give it to people who've had accounts active for 400 non-consecutive days.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The Captain's Table was a perk that was originally a free for players who bought lifetime subscriptions.

It wasn't expected, nor was I even aware of it when I got my lifetime subscription.

As I see, give it to anyone now and it seems even more prudent to give it to people who've had accounts active for 400 non-consecutive days.
It is actually 400 consecutive days
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Just my thoughts on the matter but i think it was designed as a perk for people who have stayed for x amount of days, but since LTS are going to be here that long they gave it to us now.

I know you could use the argument that it didnt say that when it was introduced but if they would of scrapped the idea of perks for long term members then everyone would of complained on that part also.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

Darren, again your the man. You took the words out of my mouth.

This was a nice jesture by Cryptic, however, I think allowing fans of the game, Veterans, that have paid for the game and played as a lifetime sub like myself has, should be entitled to it as well. I do believe this is a good decision.

The lifetimers having something in common, a love for startrek(and the money to put down at once), but someone that can pay monthly(but not all at once) and sticks with the game like us lifers, should have the perks of the lifers.

Granted this is just my opinion, dont make me put on my flame shield.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator
Hello Cryptic,

3 things.

1- Nice post. Definitely a good one for a first one.

2- There was another LTS reward given too wasn't there? A badge for your uniform? I'm pretty sure that one remains exclusive doesn't it? Something to consider.

3- Have you read the Captain's Table books? I'm a huge fan of Captain Pike so I have read the final one in the series multiple times. Just making conversation. Kind of curious to know if people who've read the books think the in-game version does the books justice.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I for one welcome new blood to the captains table.. It is so lonely in there now hehe.