Lt. Commander
# 1 great not really
05-08-2010, 08:38 PM
welcome back weekend ruined. error in sign up process.

welcome back offers after 3 months of live? how many people can leave in 3 months.

id start the welcome back and mass ads and marketing campaign somewhere like around season 3. and continue it at season 5.

season 2 looks promising. and season 3 should expand even more on 2, if 2 delivers, so yeah market at season 3. not now

still no content now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
welcome back weekend ruined. error in sign up process.

welcome back offers after 3 months of live? how many people can leave in 3 months.

id start the welcome back and mass ads and marketing campaign somewhere like around season 3. and continue it at season 5.

season 2 looks promising. and season 3 should expand even more on 2, if 2 delivers, so yeah market at season 3. not now

still no content now.
I agree it's to early. at least after season 2 would be a better time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeah. I checked out the Beta. Its very disappointing and doesnt show 1/100th of what the game is or give people the concept of how this game can be.

There is no content in game and even less in the beta. It is seriously a half hour of game play. If that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
yeah whatever, could i have my time to play now? still got sunday left. if not ill check back around august.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Yep they should have done it in late fall at the earliest. Oh well Hindsight and all that rot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I'd have to think this is another marketing department SNAFU....

Marketing:"Hey, the demo is going live, let's make a free weekend, we'll get some old players back with new demo players"

Dev: "Isn't it a bit early for a free weekend...let's get more major updates first".

Marketing "hey, I don't tell you how to do your job.......oh btw, I need, 2 C-store items by Tuesday and a promo item for the T.J. Hooker DVD release by Thursday, need to shift some units. Make them your top priority".

Dev: "........"
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompo
I'd have to think this is another marketing department SNAFU....

Marketing:"Hey, the demo is going live, let's make a free weekend, we'll get some old players back with new demo players"

Dev: "Isn't it a bit early for a free weekend...let's get more major updates first".

Marketing "hey, I don't tell you how to do your job.......oh btw, I need, 2 C-store items by Tuesday and a promo item for the T.J. Hooker DVD release by Thursday, need to shift some units. Make them your top priority".

Dev: "........"
*pathetic laugh * ha ha that's not funny... it's true.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-08-2010, 10:14 PM
In order for Cryptic to get that fat $20million bonus, they have to reach a certain amount of revenue by a certain date.

I don't think Cryptic has reached that mark yet, and are desperately trying to.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
STO was developed with a 100,000 subscription target. The excelled that, plus they stated there was much more interest in the game than they expected. So it's not that.

Its just a marketing attempt to increase subscription figures, nothing more.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Of all the people I know that cancelled sub, only 1 came back and thats because his sub was cancelled by finance problems not discontent. The rest played Eve.