Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM
It's doubtful STO will even be around 5-6 months from now the way things are looking. The game hasn't progressed much, beyond the difficulty slider which just is not enough.

Plus, they are announcing a new game (FFS IT BETTER NOT BE CTHULU CRYPTIC) to completely RUIN any hopes of CO and STO even making it. They will completely destroy that new license as well.

I lifetimed with CO and STO, big big mistakes. There's no way I'm buying another Cryptic product ever. And don't even THINK about an expansion for these two POS titles.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
STO was developed with a 100,000 subscription target. The excelled that, plus they stated there was much more interest in the game than they expected. So it's not that.

Its just a marketing attempt to increase subscription figures, nothing more.
To me, a welcome back weekend, a referral program, and a "demo" within 4 months of release all scream desperation.

If I remember correctly, the bonus is suppose to go out in July. That would mean the cut off date would probably be in May or June.

Which could explain why Cryptic couldn't wait until Season 2.

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
It's doubtful STO will even be around 5-6 months from now the way things are looking. The game hasn't progressed much, beyond the difficulty slider which just is not enough.

Plus, they are announcing a new game (FFS IT BETTER NOT BE CTHULU CRYPTIC) to completely RUIN any hopes of CO and STO even making it. They will completely destroy that new license as well.

I lifetimed with CO and STO, big big mistakes. There's no way I'm buying another Cryptic product ever. And don't even THINK about an expansion for these two POS titles.
Clearly you've not been keeping up on development activity. Especially with CO given its already had an expansion, with the second announced. There are a lot of happy players over there at the moment. Its getting a lot of focus and its subscription numbers are climbing as a result.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raath View Post
To me, a welcome back weekend, a referral program, and a "demo" within 4 months of release all scream desperation.

If I remember correctly, the bonus is suppose to go out in July. That would mean the cut off date would probably be in May or June.

Which could explain why Cryptic couldn't wait until Season 2.

Just a thought.

Welcome back weekends, etc this soon after launch isn't uncommon in the MMO industry. Plenty of companies have done it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
Welcome back weekends, etc this soon after launch isn't uncommoin in the MMO industry. Plenty of companies have done it.
I've played many MMO's, don't remember one that had a welcome back weekend this early.

Care to provide some examples?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I agree it's to early. at least after season 2 would be a better time.
You know how everyone always likes to say that things don't get tested enough around here?

Well ... fancy this ...

What if this free weekend event was a dry run? To see if it worked? And to get the bugs out?

So that when they do it again (and they will do it again, since they keep doing them in their other game) ... and tie the next one to a big patch possibly ... everything will fall into place smoothly for once?

Nah. Cryptic sucks. That's always the answer isn't it?

/sigh
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
Welcome back weekends, etc this soon after launch isn't uncommoin in the MMO industry. Plenty of companies have done it.
That's absolutely wrong. I am sick of this horrible posting (well, it does go with the horrible game) that never cites a real reference ever. Prove it. In 10+ years of MMOing, I cannot think of a single major title (if you put in web browser crap.... no) that did this THREE months after launch. You people are hilarious how you keep defending it. Just play the junk game for what it is, and leave it be. Cryptic is by far the worst MMO company in existence, and has destroyed two beloved licenses.

I'm sure I'll get some crying reply to this, somehow trying to think that it's still salvageable. Go play CO, realize wow it's fun and has SO MUCH POTENTIAL, and realize that this horrid company has STO now to save and is actually announcing another title in less than six months. Game over Cryptic.

/anger
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Turbine, for one. They've done it for both LoTRO and DDO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
Turbine, for one. They've done it for both LoTRO and DDO.
Stupidity is a constant here. READ THAT POST: Prove it after 3 months.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
That's absolutely wrong. I am sick of this horrible posting (well, it does go with the horrible game) that never cites a real reference ever. Prove it. In 10+ years of MMOing, I cannot think of a single major title (if you put in web browser crap.... no) that did this THREE months after launch. You people are hilarious how you keep defending it. Just play the junk game for what it is, and leave it be. Cryptic is by far the worst MMO company in existence, and has destroyed two beloved licenses.

I'm sure I'll get some crying reply to this, somehow trying to think that it's still salvageable. Go play CO, realize wow it's fun and has SO MUCH POTENTIAL, and realize that this horrid company has STO now to save and is actually announcing another title in less than six months. Game over Cryptic.

/anger
I do play CO. You've clearly not played it since Revolation was released. Its a hell of a lot more polished these days.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 PM.