Lt. Commander
# 11
05-09-2010, 03:12 AM
did a search tonight while talkign with minimax in vent. there were 5 BG5 in sto vo kor, 4 in -x-, and at elast 5 others that we fought in a PUG match that were not in any of theose fleets, along with D'rek and a few others we know were online at the time.
they are there but getting them organized to have good pvp is the problem we want to overcome
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-09-2010, 03:35 AM
If you are looking for a free, public VoIP (client + server):

Mumble download/setup guide

Server details are in that link also. It is the Mumble development server, not a private server, so it does not belong to any Fleet or guild from any game. Multiple games' guilds (STO, WoW, EVE, etc.) are hosted there, as are public channels for each game, for free.

Contact the developer (or I can put you in contact with him) if you want similar channel admin privs, otherwise the public is free to use it with normal permissions.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
did a search tonight while talkign with minimax in vent. there were 5 BG5 in sto vo kor, 4 in -x-, and at elast 5 others that we fought in a PUG match that were not in any of theose fleets, along with D'rek and a few others we know were online at the time.
they are there but getting them organized to have good pvp is the problem we want to overcome
How many of those were only on for dailies? I've queued for half an hour waiting for 1 more Klingon to join into any 5 man game be it CnH or Arena. As it is, to count all of the available assets at BG5 on all the bodily digits the good lord gave you seems "bad" to me. We considered Warhammer a dying game when there was only four separate games of each scenario (with 3 available Scenarios) going, heck based on that they consolidated 63 servers eventually into 4.

After playing through several dying MMO's, I am afraid all the writing is on the wall at the moment, the Klingon population is rapidly declining, many may still be subbed and just on hiatus, others may be logging briefly for the occasional daily, the vast majority may be willing to come back in 2.0, but the rate of incoming new blood is trickling, and some of those that do come in are actually pve'ng their way up the leveling tree only to /afk their way through the occasional pvp map for a boost in experience.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Basicly I want more good pvp if you dont wanna join the fleet fine but lets just make mixed fleet groups and get some good ppl and lots of players who have a similar setup so we can do some even halfarsed pvp at start.

Bombergirl Engineer cruiser healer.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I'm a little surprised to see a post like this when I thought there already was organized PVP.. Maybe even confused... Isn't there?
2 problems with orgnizedpvp chat channel. !: its creator made it private and then quit the game, no one has power to open it up.
2: lots of people are in that chanel. who never once wanted or tried to get a premade match, that chanel sadly has deteriorated and lost sight of its purpose.
I say to join "PremadePVP" channel now, because DOB, S31, 182 and other fleets have been using that chanel for what he OPVP channel was originally intended as. Wherever u end up, the point is the same, to find premade teams to play with and against, to learn tactics, adapt stategy, and seek out the "Good Games" we all know is out here. Good hunting! <S>
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-09-2010, 08:19 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing a rolling List of active dedicated, Premade PVP fleets. A list of players wiling to participate would also be helpful. We know there are players out there, let us bing them into the fold, and tain them, so everyones game can be etter. High quality PVP will save STO! god knows its the only reason im still here
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Actually I have yet to come across a pre-made or pre-made PVP fleet group that has "skill" or is "good". It is not a challenge. In a premade you know the outfit of everyone on your team, you use VoIP, and everyone has pre-determined roles. In a pug it actually requires skill because its all dynamic, no-one knows anyone elses outfit, spec, and you cannot rely on teamwork. Instead you have to rely on quick thinking, reaction time, and up to the second tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I asked a few days ago (in OrganizedPvP) whether anybody knew good Klingon PvP groups that played in my time zone (US East) and all I got back was, "Good question" followed by a couple hours of silence. I'm pretty sure that's happened to just about all the Klingon players, and so yes, they all log off or onto Fed characters after dailies.

In fairness, I did talk to the CHC recruiter, whom I applaud for having a visible presence on Qo'nos, but we turned out to have incompatible requirements in other areas.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Theres a difference between "finding willing klingons" and finding klingons that are willing to lose without hope due to impatience in allowing time to rekit for premade. I am willing to kit for premade. I am not willing to fight over and over a superior premade without kitting for premade.

Think about it and let me know what you want to do. Cause right now you are just p*ssing me off.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
I asked a few days ago (in OrganizedPvP) whether anybody knew good Klingon PvP groups that played in my time zone (US East) and all I got back was, "Good question" followed by a couple hours of silence. I'm pretty sure that's happened to just about all the Klingon players, and so yes, they all log off or onto Fed characters after dailies.

In fairness, I did talk to the CHC recruiter, whom I applaud for having a visible presence on Qo'nos, but we turned out to have incompatible requirements in other areas.
/tiphat
Perhaps in the future we can work together.