Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
05-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedryk_
Theres a difference between "finding willing klingons" and finding klingons that are willing to lose without hope due to impatience in allowing time to rekit for premade. I am willing to kit for premade. I am not willing to fight over and over a superior premade without kitting for premade.

Think about it and let me know what you want to do. Cause right now you are just p*ssing me off.
Playing in several matches in one night is more than adequate service to the cause. Frankly in the past couple of weeks -X- has been one of the very few fleets to bing it in such battles I am talking about. No one can be faulted for taking a licking, and then lurking off to retool/strategize. The problem arises when people become angry and agitated and sling insults and chest pound, thats not helpful to anyone. DOB will be the first to admit that Zigz and crew have been on the front lines of this war, the war against seemingly insrmountable odds.

With federation capability to equip every escort with TSS3, consistent easy access practice FVF matches, and 95% of the player base, there is no doubt who is now at a disadvantage when it comes to upper echelon high quality pvp. I didnt say OP any I never will. Klingons need to be "willing" to take the hard road, to seek out these challenging matches as often as possible, to tool for them as opposed to pugs, and to hold their fire until the right moment.

So to reiterate, all those seeking HONORABLE combat with FORMIDABLE opponets like DOB, S31, 182, -X-, and manyothers join the PremadePVP or OrganizedPVP chat channels, their respective ventrilos, and start teaming up!

//again Zigz none of this is directed at u or your players it just so happened that at the time of the post you were not around/available for matches. No one said -X- wouldnt continue to fight, in fact i demand it so! I also want more players to draw from as I see klingons out there... man up *****es!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
05-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Playing in several matches in one night is more than adequate service to the cause. Frankly in the past couple of weeks -X- has been one of the very few fleets to bing it in such battles I am talking about. No one can be faulted for taking a licking, and then lurking off to retool/strategize. The problem arises when people become angry and agitated and sling insults and chest pound, thats not helpful to anyone. DOB will be the first to admit that Zigz and crew have been on the front lines of this war, the war against seemingly insrmountable odds.

With federation capability to equip every escort with TSS3, consistent easy access practice FVF matches, and 95% of the player base, there is no doubt who is now at a disadvantage when it comes to upper echelon high quality pvp. I didnt say OP any I never will. Klingons need to be "willing" to take the hard road, to seek out these challenging matches as often as possible, to tool for them as opposed to pugs, and to hold their fire until the right moment.

So to reiterate, all those seeking HONORABLE combat with FORMIDABLE opponets like DOB, S31, 182, -X-, and manyothers join the PremadePVP or OrganizedPVP chat channels, their respective ventrilos, and start teaming up!

//again Zigz none of this is directed at u or your players it just so happened that at the time of the post you were not around/available for matches. No one said -X- wouldnt continue to fight, in fact i demand it so! I also want more players to draw from as I see klingons out there... man up *****es!
This post has been edited to remove content that violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines. ~GM_Terramak
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
05-09-2010, 09:25 AM
This post has been edited to remove content that violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines. ~GM_Terramak
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
05-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoras_Serenitus View Post
This post has been edited to remove content that violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines. ~GM_Terramak
I pay to play as well, so no. I will not.
Don't be mad because they are or are not your friends, and I was stating facts.
Truth hurts, it is okay, but it is still the truth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
05-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayupan
I pay to play as well, so no. I will not.
Don't be mad because they are or are not your friends, and I was stating facts.
Truth hurts, it is okay, but it is still the truth.
your version of the truth is irrelevant. those who seek glorious combat rock on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
05-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
your version of the truth is irrelevant. those who seek glorious combat rock on.
There are no versions, only truth, with a subset of facts.
I have displayed them for you to read. Disagreeing, however your right, is no different than saying 2+2=11

Good luck anyway. If I want glorious and challenging combat, I will go pug.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
05-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayupan
I pay to play as well, so no. I will not.
Don't be mad because they are or are not your friends, and I was stating facts.
Truth hurts, it is okay, but it is still the truth.
LOL

Who the heck do you think you are claiming you know the one and only truth. Express your argument please, but do so in a proper manner. My goodness.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
05-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoras_Serenitus View Post
LOL

Who the heck do you think you are claiming you know the one and only truth. Express your argument please, but do so in a proper manner. My goodness.
how bout you do so in another thread. PremadePVP join it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
05-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Basicly what this game needs is more pvpers of the caliber where they say ok lets do this build try out thise make a team and use vent and get some nice CP / Briar Patch games,

Play more meet more oppoents play with more ppl that are willing to try to make TEAM vs TEAM fights and not just sit around all day doing crap pugs vs other crap pugs and win/loose because there where 2-3 decent builds that worked to together on the same team.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
05-09-2010, 10:43 AM
I will give some history for those that are unwilling to change a build for better PVP fights.
When DOB first started PVPing we all went in FvK (way before FvF) and we took what we thought was going to be a "good build" we got rocked a good 3-4 times, we left went to earth and adjusted our builds.....figured out that engineer officers should be healing, science officers shoudl be either healing or CCing and Escorts need some healing on top of the DPS.
Now we change things around all the time for fun and whatnot but we generally stay with our "team builds".
It is not hard to beat PUG's........It is however hard to fight premades. That is where as players you get better, by beationg the best there is out there, or even losing to them.
The idea of rebuilding your B/O for premades is not that hard considering that each person at max level can have many B/O on hand. I personally keep 6 science officers each with different setups meant to compliment ewach other. 2 for healing, 2 for my current build, 2 for CnH maps. I switch them around as needed. If i come out against a premade I go to my current build, if i go up against a PUG i have fun ect....
SO the idea of not wanting to switch a build because you normally beat PUG teams is self-defeating. If you can beat a Premade team with your group makeup, then PUG's are no problem. After all the 5v5 maps are set up for small group experience. If your small group is all build for DPS guess what, your going to lose. If you are not willing to change because that set up beats PUG's guess what your going to stay mediocre.

Now i don't want to speak for everyone as clearly some like to PUG but I personally want to be a better player and compete on a higher level. A level which can only be reached by playing repeatedly against good strong teams that are build to play against other premades.
I am all for pewople playing the way they want to becasue they pay for the game. However; if you are the type of person that wants to get better as a player in small group pvp and want to learn new things and findout what makes what work and why some tactics are good and some are great then please join the premade channel, let a DOB member know and we will be happy to give you our ventrilo info if yuou have some questions as well. Lots of people ask us questions daily about what works well and what does not.

As far as some powers like TSS being hard to come by, I agree that TSS3 is a great skill to have your BOP / Escorts /raptors equiped with it nice, it is easily countered as I have posted in other threads and as Ninjaboy has quoted me on as well. We ue any and all skills in the game and we do NOT cry over any usage of them adn everyone in premade expects the same from you.

As for players like some above that flame and attempt to troll the thread, please just simply report them and maybe one day STO will actually step up and ban them or at the very least erase thier garbage they posted
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.