Lt. Commander
Ok, ive done the fleet combat part of Breaking the Planet several times. How do I move on to the ground combat portion of it? I can't figure it out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2010, 03:27 AM
When you approach the Laurentian System in Pi Canis Sector, you will notice that there are TWO OPTIONS for Fleet Action. One is for Space. One is for Ground.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Apparently the mission was bugged. I finally got a response from a GM suggesting I drop the mission and restart it. Doing this finally brought me to the ground portion.

BTW, this is by far my least favorite ground mission. It was terrible and I don't see how it can be done without at least 10 people working together, which in itself was a difficult thing to accomplish.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Well, you can accomplish the first part (setting the charges and destroying the mining equipment) with as few as two people (maybe even solo), but after that you're going to need a larger party. The more the merrier, as long as everyone's on the same page and not doing more harm than good.

When I did it there were only 5 people - then again away missions generally have 5 crew members so there's not much of a difference there from a number's perspective. People need to move quickly, though, because the respawn timer for NPCs on that map is short (too short, in my opinion).
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm not seeing 2 options. Ive completed the space portion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I had to drop the mission and wait 15 minutes.. I picked the mission back up and the ground fleet action was there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
Well, you can accomplish the first part (setting the charges and destroying the mining equipment) with as few as two people (maybe even solo), but after that you're going to need a larger party. The more the merrier, as long as everyone's on the same page and not doing more harm than good.

When I did it there were only 5 people - then again away missions generally have 5 crew members so there's not much of a difference there from a number's perspective. People need to move quickly, though, because the respawn timer for NPCs on that map is short (too short, in my opinion).
Unless the charges part is bugged, you can solo it, yes. The biggest part of the fun is if someone invites you to a team, and you STILL have to solo it because your team mate just stands around and does nothing except throwing grenades and attract any NPC in sight.

After the charges, you need teamwork. If your team doesn't communicate, forget it. Make sure everyone realizes you have to kill the attilery spotters, and you have to move quickly. And not stand on a single ramp and kill all respawning enemies there for an hour. Its also annoying that the respawn points are random, makes it very hard to regroup.