Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I'll call this an annoyance, as to not sure if it's intended or not. I've noticed that if I click on an ally and heal them, then start spamming the space, next time I use that ability..i which I would assume since I have an enemy targeted that it would heal myself, I end up healing the ally again.

Bug or not?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Sadly, when you target an enemy, you end up healing the target the enemy is targeting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Fortunately there's an option to turn it off > Options > Controls > 'Assist target on attack'
It can be set separetely for ground and space too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lockheed
Fortunately there's an option to turn it off > Options > Controls > 'Assist target on attack'
u, my man, r awesome
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lockheed
I do love the hover over for what it does.

“If enabled, attempting to attack a friend or heal an enemy will instead change your target to your target's target and then activate the power.”

Lt. Commander
# 6
05-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I wish they wouldn't turn on the assist heal by default. I also wish they they would let heal and attack be separate. Too many times I've managed to heal the wrong person due to this kinda confusion.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVoyage
I do love the hover over for what it does.

“If enabled, attempting to attack a friend or heal an enemy will instead change your target to your target's target and then activate the power.”

It's not explained too clearly but I understand what it's saying.
Situation with Player 1, Player 2, Enemy 1

Player 1 has Player 2 as their target.
Player 2 has Enemy 1 as their target.
Enemy 1 has Player 2 as their target.

Attacking situation
Player 1 tries to target Enemy 1 to attack, fails to switch target and still has Player 2 targetted. When Player 1 goes to attack, instead of attacking Player 2 the game 'catches' this and sees that Player 2 is attacking Enemy 1, and makes Enemy 1 the target of your attack too. It makes you assist your target.

Player 1 has Enemy 1 as their target.
Player 2 has Enemy 1 as their target.
Enemy 1 has Player 2 as their target.

Healing situation
Player 1 is attacking Enemy 1 and notices that Player 2 needs to be healed. Player 1 tries to target Player 2 but fails and still has Enemy 1 targetted. Player 1 activates a heal. Instead of healing Enemy 1 it sees that Player 2 is the target of Enemy 1, and heals Player 2.

I don't think I explained that too much better than the game does, maybe I did... I don't know Hopefully you understand.