Lt. Commander
# 1 470 gtx
06-07-2010, 10:03 AM
the other morning i had mentioned in global chat i had a graphic issue, i think a gm was helping me and filing a ticket on behalf.

470gtx running the 257.xxx drivers (i think theyre the beta drivers) i was having flashing where the shadows were supposed to be on any ground areas. i leared that it only does this when the shadows are set to low or off, medium and high there are no issues. (except the inital lag to draw everything) i didnt really know where else to put this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Don't use those Beta drivers.
They are well known to have a lot of graphical issues with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I am using them in STO atm and I have rarely seen the issue you describe. Alt-tabbing for me gets rid of 99% of the time. The issue only returns the next time I alt-tab.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Don't use those Beta drivers.
They are well known to have a lot of graphical issues with STO.
actually i had the issue witht he 197.xxx driver as well which is why i tried out the beta drivers. i dont have any issues at any of the setting except when the shadows are set to low/off thats the only time i had any issues. i just think its odd that when the settings are lower the issuse is there but at high/medium its fine lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-08-2010, 04:47 AM
I have a question for you Matteo, what are the rest of your system specs? I will try to get back with you as soon as I can (i'm at work) but please let me know what else is going on system-wise and maybe I can give you a clearer picture.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrochlus
I have a question for you Matteo, what are the rest of your system specs? I will try to get back with you as soon as I can (i'm at work) but please let me know what else is going on system-wise and maybe I can give you a clearer picture.
i apreciate the help, but there really isnt a problem as long as i run the shadows at medium or higher quality. just thought it was odd is all.