Lt. Commander
# 101
03-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Also, thanks for posting something Klingon!
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjet View Post
They'll sing songs to remember you, though your last words before my battlegroup outflanks you will be saved in the comm system for years to come
Nice come back! LMAO Federation petaQ!
Lt. Commander
# 103
That's a funky little ship.
Lt. Commander
# 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTerri View Post
Oh wanted to add ...

I like the name they gave the ship. i don't know Klingon (I have trouble enough with English) so trying to learn it to spell it ... let alone understand it would be a pain in this Gorn's rear.

I can understand why you would want this but remember not everyone wants to learn or can learn Klingon to know what a ship is.
I agree - I'm just going to keep calling it a "Raptor class" rather than some "dhd'R2ts'Edh4becy" class. Now, if they want to release the true Klingon name, or if people who actually speak Klingon *snicker* want to call it whatever - more power to ya. But understand that 99.9999999% of the people playing this game will have absolutely NO idea what you will be talking about when you mention a "dhd'R2ts'Edh4becy" class ship. They'll be "Huh!?" and you'll have to say "sigh- you know - a Raptor class", and they'll reply "ahhhhh - gotcha".
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Nice design can't wait to see it in battle.
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdictor View Post
I agree - I'm just going to keep calling it a "Raptor class" rather than some "dhd'R2ts'Edh4becy" class. Now, if they want to release the true Klingon name, or if people who actually speak Klingon *snicker* want to call it whatever - more power to ya. But understand that 99.9999999% of the people playing this game will have absolutely NO idea what you will be talking about when you mention a "dhd'R2ts'Edh4becy" class ship. They'll be "Huh!?" and you'll have to say "sigh- you know - a Raptor class", and they'll reply "ahhhhh - gotcha".
They will remember the name after it pwns them enough times.
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurgh View Post
I've heard this objection before, but your own post is a little hypocritical.

You use the word Gorn. Gorn is not English, it's a new word that was made up to refer to a creature in Star Trek. If you can learn and use that without any issues, there is no reason why you can't learn a new ship name. In fact it happens all the time in Trek.
Uhm ....

Okay, it is easier for me to spell Raptor than a word with other notation. It is the reason I didn't want to play a Klingon in the first place ... I don't know the language and I don't feel like being made fun of just because I don't know the language and its correct spelling. Sure I could learn it ... around my other major things to deal with in life but it is not a priority.

Sure they could give it a Klingon and Fed name, which could please both sides.

So please don't call me a hypocrite. My point was legit as was yours.
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Quote:
It is the reason I didn't want to play a Klingon in the first place ... I don't know the language and I don't feel like being made fun of just because I don't know the language and its correct spelling. Sure I could learn it ... around my other major things to deal with in life but it is not a priority.
Just so you know: I'm guessing that a good bit less than a percent of the people playing on the Klingon side will actually speak Klingon, and out of the few that do only about ten percent will be so fluent that they use the language 24/7, and hopefully most of them won't beat you over the head for not speaking a the language, anyway. In other words, I don't think you should limit yourself based on this; play whichever side you think you'll enjoy more and trust that there will be a lot more people speaking German, French or Dutch than there will be speaking Klingon... ...even on a non-European server

Quote:
Sure they could give it a Klingon and Fed name, which could please both sides.
Yay!
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemanspiff View Post
Can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Also, thanks for posting something Klingon!
Seconded. Very nice and thank you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-02-2009, 02:46 PM
all this Klingon speaking is making me regret learning elvish instead... ;-)