Lt. Commander
# 131
03-02-2009, 06:46 PM
now star fleet needs a refurbished Constitution class and all will be well if the klingons get refurbished raptor i think starfleet should get refurbished Constitution class cos then we can can get some TOS action
Lt. Commander
# 132
03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
wow some great stuff and can't wait for some more hopefully they will be having the old NX-01 class ship back in action because i'd love to play around with that ship
Lt. Commander
# 133
03-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I like the format and the info keep them coming please.
Lt. Commander
# 134
03-02-2009, 07:43 PM
I second Ivan's comment. I feel like the plant from little shop of horrors... FEED ME CRYPTIC, FEED ME ALL NIGHT LONG...

Err *twitch*

I would like to see an addition to the ship rollouts though: perhaps a short story of notable exercises or missions the ship design being showcased has been on or participated in or perhaps some situation where the ship was critical or vital to the outcome of said event.
Lt. Commander
# 135
03-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloan_S31 View Post
The most important pieces of tech brought back by Voyager would be Quantum Slipstream or Transwarp Drive.

You'd figure most starfleet ships by the 25th century would be equipped with those
Transwarp was confirmed in the Ten Ton Hammer interview
Lt. Commander
# 136
03-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Even though my main character isn't going to be involved with the Klingon Empire, it is still nice to see another faction getting some attention. This ship looks absolutely great and I look forward to seeing more ships (both Federation and non-Federation) in the future!
Lt. Commander
# 137
03-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloan_S31 View Post
Thank You!! Another pair of opened eyes!

With the exception of all Future-related technology brought by pragmatist Admiral Janeway which would all most likely have been locked away or destroyed by Starfleet, Voyager came back with dozens of technological breakthroughs. Those combined with the Federation's own advancement during the war along with her industrial/scientific/engineering prowess, the Federation should be most definately be skipping a generation in terms of technology level. Leaving all the other space empires in the dust....

The most important pieces of tech brought back by Voyager would be Quantum Slipstream or Transwarp Drive.

You'd figure most starfleet ships by the 25th century would be equipped with those

All future ship designs should be evolutions of the Prometheus and (alien)Dauntless classes, and at the same time, being predecessors of the Wells class(Relativity)
There's your ship design lineage for ya! in a nutshell
I echo this point....although in defense of the devs, they did point out that some of the tech was stolen.
The Klingons have always been behind the Feds tech wise. It would make sense that older systems and ships would be guarded less. So perhaps the devs have something up thier sleves we havent seen yet, go figure
Lt. Commander
# 138
03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:
If the Raptor class ships have a weakness, it is that so much of the available space in the ships is taken up by weapons and shield generators that the limited medical facilities are ill-equipped to deal with large numbers of wounded crew. When asked, Kurak retorted that this was not a failing of the Raptor class, rather it was a reflection of the Klingon warrior ideal to fight with honor, to strive for success and, if necessary, to die in glorious battle.
So it's a coffin with wings. It'll be fun to see what the ship runs out of first: armor plating or crew. Don't get too attached to your bridge officers, Klingons. :p
Lt. Commander
# 139
03-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherp View Post
So it's a coffin with wings. It'll be fun to see what the ship runs out of first: armor plating or crew. Don't get too attached to your bridge officers, Klingons. :p
i'm with you sherp.personally i'm guessing that the crew will run out first.

can you give us a release date please ppl?

come now tomalak. it is a good day to die.(Capt. Picard Talking to Centurion Tomalak)
Lt. Commander
# 140
03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistanceisfutile
i'm with you sherp.personally i'm guessing that the crew will run out first.

can you give us a release date please ppl?

come now tomalak. it is a good day to die.(Capt. Picard Talking to Centurion Tomalak)
I shall see you all onthe battle field and you will run in fear of the capabilities and aggressiveess of the Klingon Empires, this new ship just scatches the surface of our Almighty power, We will spill your blood as we have the blood of Kahless that runs through our veins.

(in other terms lets wait and see who thinks what when you got the raptor uncloaking behind you and destroying you before you can react lol)