Lt. Commander
# 1 How about customizable kits?
05-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I've always felt it a bit strange that you can choose your bridge officer powers but not your "own" powers. The kit system, insofar as giving you flexibility to switch out your powers, is quite useful (although why I would forget how to lunge when I take it off is not something I understand). What I would like to see is a way to customize the kits so that you can choose what powers are associated with them. That would preserve the flexibility of the kit system but also allow you to get the powers that you feel are most useful to you.

I figure this could be handled via a starfleet merit or some sort of other mark system.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Yeah
05-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I like this idea, the fact you can customise your own kit would be nice. Even perhaps as you level it grants access to more skills that can be added to your kit. This could be linked to your skill tree in some way. But i mean the majority of people right now are totally in space battles. I believe the devs will try to fix that first (as we have seen with latest update about SNB and VM) then maybe they will focus on some ground stuff. This idea is great, and will definetley add more flexibility to this extremely linear game. Oh yeah and i think the whole idea is not that you "forget" lunge when you take off your kit, but lose the potential to do it, Maybe another kit will add weight and make you not moveable enough to do lunge or something, just my two cents eh?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-10-2010, 08:31 AM
I agree with this request.....certain kits are just one ability away fom being completely awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Concur
05-10-2010, 09:25 AM
There are some kits that have 1 really nice skill and then a bunch of skills that duplicate my BOffs. Then other kits that have 2-3 nice skills but at levels that aren't that effective.

Kits should be modular, and preferably merit based not credit based.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Should be part of crafting, to give a real reason to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I like that Idea (especially the one with crafting). But I thing the way it is is purpose. They dont want us to run arround with all the "good" abilitys and ignore the useless ones. Whyever.

I like even more the idea of getting rid of the Kids at all and let the Captain ground skills depend on the BO ground skills.
That would give use to those skills; now someone who is always in groups does not have ANY use for them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I like that Idea (especially the one with crafting). But I thing the way it is is purpose. They dont want us to run arround with all the "good" abilitys and ignore the useless ones. Whyever.

I like even more the idea of getting rid of the Kids at all and let the Captain ground skills depend on the BO ground skills.
That would give use to those skills; now someone who is always in groups does not have ANY use for them.
I would like all ground abilities to be useful, some have skill point scaling issues that make them less desirable than other skills. I like the idea of crafting your own kits with your Captain's ground skills affecting the level of skill you can place in a kit. For example using a Science Captain:

Make the I and II tier skills on kits governed in a manner similar to BOff skills. Triage I might be a Lieutenant Skill (so slot 2 of the kit) and Triage II a Lieutenant Commander (Slot 3). If your Captain has Doctor 9 then s/he can add Triage III to the Commander tier of the kit (slot 4). This would mean as your Captain gains rank you can craft kits with more slots, in the same manner as your Boffs gain ranks and can unlock a new tier of skills.

In this manner players have to decide what tier of skills they want and balance their kits with their playing styles and what skills they want. Also, it means players can trade/sell kits they have made. With this in mind the crafted kit should be Bind on Equip.

The problem with using BOffs as the basis for your Captain's ground skills what skills would you have when the team is made up entirely of players?

Lt. Commander
# 8
05-11-2010, 08:03 PM
The idea of 'crafting' a kit is actually a pretty cool idea. I'm posting to show support for it. If I might take that one step further, perhaps we can then(much as we do our ships) get a little customization in appearance. Some people like the bulky kits, some like the clean ones. It is sad I must choose between showing or not showing a kit. Heck if the developers look into this, perhaps the 'kit' can just be another page in the tailor.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-11-2010, 10:00 PM
I agree, it would be nice to have customizeable kits (especially at high level). But there would have to be somekind of limit, else people would load up kits with exposes.