Lt. Commander
# 11
05-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
This coming from a person who begins their OP with...
Yeah. That was slanderous against amoebas.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Nothing wrong with a free weekend but around season 2 does seams the more logical choice
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Yeah. That was slanderous against amoebas.
Yes If I were a single Cell organism, I'd be offended if I were confused with a 'Multiple-Sell' one. :p

Disclaimer: Just couldn't resist the pun. Not really making a commentary on any recent promotions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
This coming from a person who begins their OP with...

Who really cares why they decided to hold a free weekend? Good for them. If it helped bring in a few new subscribers or to have a few returning players re-sub, it's a good thing.
My argument is not about the free weekend but the time is implemented. Unlike what you believe its made with the game's ineterest at heart. I am just not in the business of soft petalling the truth like yourself. This attempt only verified in people's eyes that STO had nothing else to offer. There is hardly any new content apart from the fixes and couple of STFs. People are more likely to stay away now.

Another poor attempt to promote the game, not very unlike your poor attempt to disagree before you even realised what the subject was. In fact 3 out of 3 already of people who voice objections with this seem to have no reading comprehension skills at all. A very intriguing pattern...
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
My argument is not about the free weekend but the time is implemented.
Yes you think it's too early for one, we get that. Again I'll ask, so what? So what if it is 1 month or 1 day or 1 hour after launch? If it helped the game, STO is better off for it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Yes you think it's too early for one, we get that. Again I'll ask, so what? So what if it is 1 month or 1 day or 1 hour after launch? If it helped the game, STO is better off for it.
Do you need help to read past the first sentence? Nevermind I will bite.

The reason most people did not resub the first time round was lack of content and ommission of features like diplomacy and interiors etc. Asking those same people back before the season that is supposed to implement them is rather counter productive. Would you not agree with this?

I am not saying its a bad thing. I am just not sure if they have anything really to show yet. In fact many people ( I am in a rather big fleet) who already in game feel bored. I am just bringing this up to discover the logic behind it because I see none. I understand that this does not stop them to offer it again after season 2, but will that be too late for those who try this now?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Do you need help to read past the first sentence? Nevermind I will bite.

The reason most people did not resub the first time round was lack of content and ommission of features like diplomacy and interiors etc. Asking those same people back before the season that is supposed to implement them is rather counter productive. Would you not agree with this?

I am not saying its a bad thing. I am just not sure if they have anything really to show yet. In fact many people ( I am in a rather big fleet) who already in game feel bored. I am just bringing this up to discover the logic behind it because I see none. I understand that this does not stop them to offer it again after season 2, but will that be too late for those who try this now?
But there were also people who claimed to quit over things like having to use their spacebar too much, and not being able to turn off their shield rings. So they might indeed be happy with recent changes.

(Tongue in cheek yes, but people really did say things like that on their quit rants)
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
But there were also people who claimed to quit over things like having to use their spacebar too much, and not being able to turn off their shield rings. So they might indeed be happy with recent changes.

(Tongue in cheek yes, but people really did say things like that on their quit rants)
True true, but I like to think that the reasons I mentioned sound a little more representative of the Star trek fanbase. Good point though none the less
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
What about the people who left because there was no difficulty setting or death penalty? Or those who left due to 1 endgame STF?

Sure, there were those who left for the reasons you pointed out, but there were those who left for a variety of other reasons. Saying "most left because of X" is a guess and you have no real evidence to back that up. You've no idea what the reasons are people did not stay with STO after their free month expired.

Some things have been added since launch that might be what those who left were looking for. If it the free weekend helped get them to re-sub, it was worth it, regardless of timing.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Here's a crazy thought...what if they want to do a free weekend now AND after Season 2?