Lt. Commander
as the title says. its cryptics server. i have only probs connecting to the servers since yesterday.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2010, 06:55 AM
So its not just me then?
I keep rubber banding all over the place. Trying to do any of the missions is a right pain.
and combat, well, I got blown up in a couple battles because the display wasn't changing. I had full health and shields, then I was dead.

Not good at all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Have not noticed any lag. So, it may be just some people and therefore not on Cryptics end.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-02-2010, 07:01 AM
I was worried that I wouldn't be able to play last night after hearing these kind of reports throughout the day. Both here and on the tech support forums.

However, I logged and and played all night without the slightest performance issue.

I live only 17 miles out of Boston where the server is.

It looked like the common element from the reports I saw was people playing overseas.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-02-2010, 07:03 AM
no lag here but im kdf, i dont get to go anywhere that could have enough people in it to create lag
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-02-2010, 08:08 AM
KDF or Fed... makes no difference since yesterday lags that arent normal. INternetconnection is stable and fast...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I've no problems Fed or KDF too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-02-2010, 08:52 AM
A few of the more technical minded players have done some traceroutes... This problem seems to be mainly affecting Euro/UK based players.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=178621

The fault isn't Cryptics... According to the traceroutes, the problem lies with one of the IPs based in Amsterdam. There is a significant ping spike with data being transferred through that location which is leading to the bad performance we are seeing in game

There really isn't much that cryptic can do, I suppose that they could try to contact the company involved... but still... They're as helpless as we are.
Lt. Commander
Hi Sir, hi all,

There is so much lag, normal gameplay is impossible. There is also a delay of at least a second.
What should we do ? the servers where down for maintenance only a few hours ago, this is very bad guys !

Anybody got an update on this ? Why is there so much lag ?

Thx in advance for your answers !
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskaton777 View Post
Hi Sir, hi all,

There is so much lag, normal gameplay is impossible. There is also a delay of at least a second.
What should we do ? the servers where down for maintenance only a few hours ago, this is very bad guys !

Anybody got an update on this ? Why is there so much lag ?

Thx in advance for your answers !
You, and the other folks having issues need to move to the Boston area so you don't experience all of your internet problems accessing the STO servers.