Lt. Commander
Ok so we all know Cryptic is planning a new MMO. Details of which have not been released. However, the current issue of Gameinformer issue 206 June 210 has one tiny blurb about STO. That the console port is off. Well we knew that. However the endline is intrguing.

"The good news is that the company has filed a trademark for City of Heros 2."

Take that as you will. I caught it and reported it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Which could easily be a red herring.
Its not unheard of for companies to trademark various names regardless if they intend to use them or not, just to keep them out of the hands of others.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Unless its Star Trek I relly dont care!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I didn't think they'd be trademarking the sequel to a game they'd sold...and I was correct.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/nc...ty-of-heroes-2
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-10-2010, 03:07 PM
id be amazed if they did coh 2, does not make much sense from were im sitting, but what do i know
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
Ok so we all know Cryptic is planning a new MMO. Details of which have not been released. However, the current issue of Gameinformer issue 206 June 210 has one tiny blurb about STO. That the console port is off. Well we knew that. However the endline is intrguing.

"The good news is that the company has filed a trademark for City of Heros 2."

Take that as you will. I caught it and reported it.
You are suggesting that they are creating a sequel to a game that they already created and subsequently sold to compete directly in the same genre as a game they just released (CO)?

silly...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
so we've got neverwinter nights and city of heroes 2, neither of which seem to conform to the concept art readily available on the cryptics own website.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
so we've got neverwinter nights and city of heroes 2, neither of which seem to conform to the concept art readily available on the cryptics own website.
And Hogwarts Online. That's rumored to be in the running.

I've also read rumors that cite a Hellgate spin off.

And also another rumor from posts at a different site that Stargate could be a possibility.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox of the house of Vox
You are suggesting that they are creating a sequel to a game that they already created and subsequently sold to compete directly in the same genre as a game they just released (CO)?

silly...
I am suggesting nothing. There has been confirmation that Cryptic is doing a new MMO. They sold City of Heros. Gameinformer reported they Tradmakred COH 2 here in the US. I presented the facts nothing more. Hence the title "may have been revealed."
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
GameInformer is incorrect. NCSoft trademarked it, which makes a hell of a lot more sense.