Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Simply put if you Buy a lifetime sub you do not get the borg captain anymore.

Yes I understand it was a promotion at the start of the game but since I was between jobs their was no way I could afford to purchase it for $250 when it was offered. However I am now able to buy lifetime for $299, and I get most of the other "Career Officer Perks" however I am not able to get the Player Borg, and this bothers me a bit since I am Paying more for the Subscription then when it was offered with the Borg, on top of that all the Pre-Order Bonuses are still available with purchase of the right copy of the game... oh and the price has been reduced from all the vendors with Special Perks.

My point I am paying more and not getting the perk for Lifetime and Anyone just now getting in the game is paying less and still getting the perks...

I do not feel this is fair.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Bohoo? Not fair?
I suppose you think its unfair that the car stores sometimes have special deals on cars with freebies and would demand the retailer to give you the same deal and freebie months after it was over?

Or maybe i should go to my PC store and demand a copy of Far Cry 2 with my graphics card since they had that offer when my card was cheaper?

Your not "entitled" to anything except the Lifetime Subscription itself.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel_Martog
Simply put if you Buy a lifetime sub you do not get the borg captain anymore.

Yes I understand it was a promotion at the start of the game but since I was between jobs their was no way I could afford to purchase it for $250 when it was offered. However I am now able to buy lifetime for $299, and I get most of the other "Career Officer Perks" however I am not able to get the Player Borg, and this bothers me a bit since I am Paying more for the Subscription then when it was offered with the Borg, on top of that all the Pre-Order Bonuses are still available with purchase of the right copy of the game... oh and the price has been reduced from all the vendors with Special Perks.

My point I am paying more and not getting the perk for Lifetime and Anyone just now getting in the game is paying less and still getting the perks...

I do not feel this is fair.
I'm a life timer since the start and have access to it, but I fully agree with you here. It's unfair and it should be changed. We already have enough advantages as first life timers as it is (not to mention a 60 dollar discount) and I think you should get this as well.

Now the good news is that I read somewhere that you can still get it by ticketing billing and requesting it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
I'm a life timer since the start and have access to it, but I fully agree with you here. It's unfair and it should be changed. We already have enough advantages as first life timers as it is (not to mention a 60 dollar discount) and I think you should get this as well.

Now the good news is that I read somewhere that you can still get it by ticketing billing and requesting it.
eh a dude from my old fleetie did that.. he got the lib borg,connir and the mirror uni..

think i'll attempt t tonight
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2010, 04:14 AM
[first section removed by Destra - please don't say "STFU" to other players!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka

I sent Billing the opening post with a few added words, Beer and being upset makes for long winded speeches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
eh a dude from my old fleetie did that.. he got the lib borg,connir and the mirror uni..

think i'll attempt t tonight
that was the advise I got when I realized the Red Matter Capacitor was still available for purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel_Martog
Dude STFU you have no Idea what I am talking about then, if the Pre-Orders where not Available then I wouldn't really care, but the pre-orders are available for less money than I paid.
The only reason the pre-orders are still available is because those items are tied directly to the retail keys.
And since not all the copies of the original production run has not yet been sold out they are still obtainable.
But the lifetime sub with exclusive Liberated Borg was a special offer by cryptic for those that pre-ordered and bought the LTS and obviously you were not one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
The only reason the pre-orders are still available is because those items are tied directly to the retail keys.
And since not all the copies of the original production run has not yet been sold out they are still obtainable.
But the lifetime sub with exclusive Liberated Borg was a special offer by cryptic for those that pre-ordered and bought the LTS and obviously you were not one of them.
Still doesn't give you the excuse to pick on him like you did in your first post in this topic...

From his point of view it's completely understandible and personally I don't see the logic in this decision from Cryptic either by not giving it to new LTSs. We already had a huge discount of 60 dollar and 500 cryptic points (2 free char slots). It's only fair if they get to have the playable borg as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Just my thoughts..

But if they buy the lifetime sub, they should get the borg character.

It is the same thing with the Champions Online Lifetime sub.

I think they should get the Mirror Universe Uniforms for that as well.

If they pay the same ( if not more ) then they should get the same reward.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Just my thoughts..

But if they buy the lifetime sub, they should get the borg character.

It is the same thing with the Champions Online Lifetime sub.

I think they should get the Mirror Universe Uniforms for that as well.

If they pay the same ( if not more ) then they should get the same reward.
I agree with this completely. If someone is making the exact same purchase I see no problem with giving them the same rewards. The $50 discount would be reward enough in this case for pre-ordering.

That said, Cryptic made it perfectly clear on many occasions that if you got the deal after launch you'd pay more and not get the goodies. So they weren't decieving anyone. But, as someone who did get it back then, I still think it would be nice of them to give the borg to all LTS subs.

It feels fair to me and I like fair.
Lt. Commander
The Playable Borg and Price were both part of Prelaunch Lifetime Investor Package, that is why it is not currently tied to the new lifetime subscription. It was called a Prelaunch exclusive package or something to that effect. Cryptic went on to further say that they would offer the lifetime subscription without the prelaunch exclusives packaging and the introductory price. This was actually an "EXCLUSIVE" labeled package for this title and that is why it has not been re-offered. That explains the "Exclusive" incentives, and the introductory pricing.
http://crypticstudios.com/index.php?...=284&Itemid=31
Closed Thread