Lt. Commander
# 1 Severe Mouse Lag
05-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Greetings!

I've tried three different mice now and every mouse (Logitech, Ironlady and some other I borrowed just to test STO) produced severe lag after about 15 to 20 minutes of gameplay. When I play another PC game (no matter how good the video resolution and graphics power settings are), there is never any mouse lag.

I wanna describe to you what it feels like: You move the mouse to a certain position, it's flowing nicely. The arrow moves pixel by pixel and you can see the progress fluently. And then, as described above, after some gameplay time, it's getting stuck for about two seconds, then it behaves normally again for about five seconds before it's getting stuck again, and this procedure is happening all over again.

In the meantime while the mouse arrow is stuck, it's still calculating the proper way it's gotta go. So, once the arrow isn't stuck anymore, it's at the position I wanted it to be, but as I said, it just didn't "flow" there, it "jumped" there. And I have to repeat: This ONLY occurs when playing Star Trek Online ... NOWHERE else. It's really annoying and affecting my usual gameplay. I don't play STF's anymore due to this issue, I moved back to playing Daily's in B'Tran and such things.

BTW: When the mouse arrow is stuck, the buttons don't work either, so I have to wait for a working moment until I can eventually click the button. Of course sometimes I can press "F", butt not on all sorta buttons.

Any ideas?

~ Eris
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2010, 04:58 AM
does the problem go away if you disable hardware mouse cursor (i think its called) in options - troubleshooting?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2010, 08:58 AM
I've tried that as well, however I didn't observe how long it took for the lag. I'll try again and repurrt (*purr*) in here. If anyone else has advice, feel free to post a reply.

EDIT: It's happening at the same time, however the cursor is like duplicating again and again, it's like showing a trail ... and if I drag an item from my inventory to the bank etc. it's still stuck like before.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Sorry to bump, butt I've been trying to solve this for weeks and I'm getting bored.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Well, one more time ... sorry, butt I'd really like to get a dev's reply or from sumone who's a techie.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2010, 01:10 PM
same for me... PLEASE FIX THIS!
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Happy to know I'm not the only one, so ... anyone got a solution?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2010, 06:33 AM
Okay guys, please have a look at this thread, apparently quite a few people are experiencing such problems, so please let us know why it only happens while playing STO and nowhere else. It's so disturbing, I might actually stop playing forever if this doesn't get any better. Now it even keeps lagging after exiting the game, for about two minutes, and then it returns to normal movement. Probably the system needs that long to cumpletely shut down the game after exiting the client.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Meow? I'm still waiting for a reply and it's really annoying to always having to exit the game, waiting for 15 minutes and going back just to play another 30 minutes at max before the next mouse lag is occurring.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Well? This time I was really patient, and STILL nobuddy from the staff replying to this. At least you could say you have no idea, so I could just quit the game, but you're not even replying in such a long time. The first post was on May 11th, now we have June 14th and I tried to keep this thread alive ... I'm no longer playing the game, I'm just fed up with this mouse lag issue, I can barely use the UI after playing for 15 to 20 minutes. Specially moving items from one slot to another is a lottery. Sometimes it's dragging, sometimes it's not. Sometimes you can press a button, sometimes you can't. PVP is impossible like this, you're always in a huge disadvantage at any time.

And just to say it one final time and once again: This only happens in STO! No other game behaves like that, not even if I keep playing for hours! So ... the fault is definately not mine. And I won't buy yet ANOTHER mouse. I'm done!

Eris out.