Lt. Commander
# 1 Encouraging Promotion
05-11-2010, 02:25 AM
I must admit lately after reading some reviews (especially from metacritic) that there are quite a lot of naysayers trying to prevent people from picking up STO and playing it. As a lifetime subscriber and a firm fan of Cryptic and their design philosophy, I am trying to come up with an idea that will "even out" the comments of the unenlightened masses to place the game on a "try it and you'll like it" ground rather than a "it is a failed game" (written by people on MMORPG.com by rival design companies).

Sometimes I think people in the game's industry shouldn't be allowed to write material since it is always biased.

So if anyone has an idea how we as players can even things out for the developers, it would be great if you could post it here.

I guess I'm just a little tired of people, as we say in the UK "slagging off" a game I like very much and hope others will see its full potential. After all this game hasn't been released for long and it shows an incredible amount of promise.

- Sid.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2010, 02:30 AM
And here I thought this was a creative title for a "raise the level cap" thread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Well you know...

The general public is the general public.
Saying they have the IQ of a bowling pin would be insulting the bowling pin.

So there isn't much one can do about it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Chat is correct there is much currently you can do. As the game progresses and gets better so will the reviews for the most part.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2010, 03:08 AM
I agree with the OP here. I do feel however its not just STO that is suffering this pathetic community (im not referring to STO community btw :p).

Unfortunately the internet and gaming in particular lately is overrun with opinionated idiots who would much rather slag something off than try it because thats the 'cool' thing to do. I also find it disheartening and also pathetic how there are so many people in said communities that can't actually think for themselves and have to be guided through the gaming world by terrible reviews.

I will say that some of the reviews I have read on STO have had valid points but they also babble on about a load of rubbish that I don't understand because to me its not true.

The latest one of course being that STO is dying. I honestly cant see how it is dying. It just confuses me why people are saying this.

Of course it all roots back to my original comment though that a lot of gamers these days are blind and need someone to lead them and unfortunately that leader is an opinionated ******.

The one thing that I find hugely ironic and quite entertaining though is the way they slag WoW off because its 'cool' and then are found playing it. Because obviously that is 'cool' too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2010, 03:18 AM
STO is so differant from the usual mmo in every respects , this is why i like it.

What i dont like is the bugs haha , i have to characters BOTH bugged.

One has real slowdown when i play just that one character.
Other has some weird name when i open character sheet etc , it says im called a name one of my bo's had and lost that bo too!!!!!
No answer from tickets either.

Game side of things its fun , but short lived , wish theyd flesh out main game before talking about other races , that just anoys me. The main game (feds) should be finished up first , it needs double the amount of missions , taking us longer to level , you should start with a few missions (no sp) in a shuttle before getting a star ship!

All i say is if STO is around in say a years time imagine what it will be like?

More missions
More end game content
More ships
Interiors
Animal life on planets
More planet and station textures
Crafting
PvP contested zone.
And much more!

Now that i want to see!
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
I agree with the OP here. I do feel however its not just STO that is suffering this pathetic community (im not referring to STO community btw :p).

Unfortunately the internet and gaming in particular lately is overrun with opinionated idiots who would much rather slag something off than try it because thats the 'cool' thing to do. I also find it disheartening and also pathetic how there are so many people in said communities that can't actually think for themselves and have to be guided through the gaming world by terrible reviews.

I will say that some of the reviews I have read on STO have had valid points but they also babble on about a load of rubbish that I don't understand because to me its not true.

The latest one of course being that STO is dying. I honestly cant see how it is dying. It just confuses me why people are saying this.

Of course it all roots back to my original comment though that a lot of gamers these days are blind and need someone to lead them and unfortunately that leader is an opinionated ******.

The one thing that I find hugely ironic and quite entertaining though is the way they slag WoW off because its 'cool' and then are found playing it. Because obviously that is 'cool' too.
Ive been here from preorder , every day nearly , but i think they say its dieing because like just now when i was ingame its was deserted , sector i was in was empty.

Guilds/Fleets i was in have all died away as members didnt return etc.

I think Cryptic chose a very bad time to do the welcome back w/e , there seems more bugs than ever to me and thats not a good advert for returnees, give it time and im sure itll climb back up in numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post

More missions
- Coming
More end game content
- Coming
More ships
- Coming
Interiors
- Coming
Animal life on planets
- Coming
More planet and station textures
- Coming
Crafting
- Coming
PvP contested zone.
Last i heard this wasnt confirmed yet, but its under discussion internally, most likely
And much more!
- Coming
See what i did there , everything you want IS coming and alot of it is coming in july already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
Ive been here from preorder , every day nearly , but i think they say its dieing because like just now when i was ingame its was deserted , sector i was in was empty.

Guilds/Fleets i was in have all died away as members didnt return etc.

I think Cryptic chose a very bad time to do the welcome back w/e , there seems more bugs than ever to me and thats not a good advert for returnees, give it time and im sure itll climb back up in numbers.

also not all fleets are dead, far from it
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Exactly , so while i wait im leveling up a science and engineer to match my RA Tactical , so a few weeks of play left yet haha
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-11-2010, 05:39 AM
Most people are aware that Cryptic were pressed into releasing the game early. The most important thing to remember is that all the features being asked for will make it into the game in the end. I can imagine so many possibilities my head is spinning. The IP of Star Trek covers so much and, thanks to so many plots and stories it gives a chance at some truly innovative tie-ins within the game.

I think I'll just make it my personal project to correct anyone that tries to bury any MMO before it has actually kicked the bucket.

It is just a shame so many of the gaming public had the attention span of.. ooo look something shiny.

- Sid.