Lt. Commander
# 21
05-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Sweet God, no! Keep Lucas away from them!
Agreed. Hasn't anyone learnt yet.

A New Hope. Good film even though Lucas directed it. Probably due to him not hitting the old age bug like all the current directors that used to be great.

Empire. Brilliant film due to two professional script writers checking the dialog and a good director making the movie while Lucas just checked on things

ROTJ: Just as good again with another director while Lucas sat in the background

Raiders of the lost Ark. Brlliant movie Lucas again in the background not anywhere near directors chair.

Episodes 1 to 3. Watchable but Lucas returned to the chair decided to write the scripts himself (although i think he got help for 2 and 3) and look what happened.

Was it me or did all the dialog look forced ? Thats why Harrison Ford made Star Wars he could adlib the wooden bits. For example the crap acting by McGreggor when he says. " I've seen a holo recording of him, killing younglings" followed by a fake sad face.

All in all yes let Lucas come up with the idea but in no way let him direct them, he's hit that age when good ideas really arn't that good. Like turning 40 and thinking oooh that cardigan looks fantastic.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
Ok I love a good 3-D movie from time to time, but it looks like Hollywood has found a new toy to over use again. 1st it was stuck in remake mode, now it looks like it's stuck in 3-D mode. Why oh Why can't they just do random things, and stop over doing things that do work for a short while?

Thanks Avatar, it was a good movie, but look at the mess hollywood is in now. (
its the new craze but it will die down after a while, much like it did before

all of this has happened before, all of this will happen again
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Not only will the use of lens flares make you blind... Now the lens flares can jump ouf of the screen and beat you up.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Well the new TVs are using two images to give the 3-D effect, and I can only see bad happening with that going on all day. Maybe they are trying to mind control everyone with this new 3-D TV, seeing how most people are zombies now watch regular TV. It's time to take it to the next level I guess.

Think it's time to get my AA-12 after all. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
And were going to get 3D televisions to

Great that means everytime i watch Bruce Forsyth im gonna get poked in the face by his chin !
We have already had the first Hockey game broadcast in 3D, A New York Rangers V New York Islanders game a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
Ok I love a good 3-D movie from time to time, but it looks like Hollywood has found a new toy to over use again. 1st it was stuck in remake mode, now it looks like it's stuck in 3-D mode. Why oh Why can't they just do random things, and stop over doing things that do work for a short while?

Thanks Avatar, it was a good movie, but look at the mess hollywood is in now. (
I Blame "My Bloody Valentine" in 3d for starting this mess, but I love this mess. soon enough over exposure to 3D will make it very mundane. And when that happens movies will have to actually have story again. and that's a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
We have already had the first Hockey game broadcast in 3D, A New York Rangers V New York Islanders game a few weeks ago..
What was it like to watch ?
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Got hit in the head with a puck halfway through and had to be taken to the hospital so I missed the second half.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
I wouldn't know, i don't have the technology to view it. or a sub to the channel it was on.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
its the new craze but it will die down after a while, much like it did before

all of this has happened before, all of this will happen again
Nope, not going to happen - get used to it - for the next several or ten years, the ramp up and noise volume is going to be loud.. too much had been invested,... Movies, Networks TV manufacturers, chips makers had spent billions - This will become the new standard..
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-11-2010, 09:12 AM
i love 3D in videogames, there's nothing quite like playing an FPS in 3D. (bioshock looks particularly stunning)

movies however aren't quite as good, either the scenes have to be tailored for 3D in mind, like having lots of crud being thrown at the screen or it's lackluster and doesn't give a very deep 3D effect. When i took my niece to see avatar we both noted that half the time we forgot it was actually 3D because it just didn't stand out enough.

EDIT: just to note that games can have the same problem of lack of depth, but since they're rendered on the fly you can adjust how much depth there is with ease, 3d movies being pre rendered don't give this option.