Lt. Commander
# 41
05-18-2010, 01:55 PM
I checked out the 3d equipment at Best Buy it is great and is on my list of purchses for when the economy gets out of this funk and I am back to my usual earnings.

So far I have really apreciated 3d when it has been done right. Avatar for example was excelent in 3d, if the visuals had not been so stunning it would have just been a live action/CGI remake of Ferngully.

Those that have visual impairments will not be able to enjoy it nearly as much as those of us with good vision and with good or excellent depth perception. Just as the surround sound systems are wasted on people with diminished hearing.

I am glad that it is finally moving beyond the novelty phase and becoming more mainstream. I so hate the throw objects at the screen BS that tend to detract from the story. For me just having the added depth improves the immersion.

For those of you that do not enjoy 3d or cannot enjoy 3d, that is too bad, you still have the option of watching it 2d, just as those that do not care for superior sound can run there sound through a lesser equipment. Hey that's your choice. Me I am going to enjoy the ride until I go blind or senile in old age.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-18-2010, 03:44 PM
How about a 3-D and 360 degrees movie?
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
How about a 3-D and 360 degrees movie?
They are doing that featuring King Kong at Universal Studios.
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
They are doing that featuring King Kong at Universal Studios.
Is it interactive/audience participation too? I would love to see that happen.
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
Wait till they get stuck on 3-D Remakes...
They already did Clash of the Titans.

Tron 3D is set for December. *tries to think* The last Final Destination monstrosity was in 3D.

It's a way for theaters with the proper equipment to sell tickets and profit on something other than simply concessions. 3D films are only going to increase in volume for the time being.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-18-2010, 11:22 PM
There is only one true 3D movie out there.
Rocky Horror Picture Show when the audience...
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
I am a virgin, sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
This is true!
I worked on the Play once It was a blast.
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
How about Riotbot - Advanced Security Robot, just to get back on track. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2Y3zMCeMc
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
Ok I love a good 3-D movie from time to time, but it looks like Hollywood has found a new toy to over use again. 1st it was stuck in remake mode, now it looks like it's stuck in 3-D mode. Why oh Why can't they just do random things, and stop over doing things that do work for a short while?

Thanks Avatar, it was a good movie, but look at the mess hollywood is in now. (
Hmm tbh the more I look at your threads the more I think you are just paranoid lol....oh and about Avatar....that made me addicted to 3-D for a bit lol....tbh the only reason why I haven't bought a Blu-Ray version yet is because it WOULDN'T be in 3-D :p

And if you don't like 3-D well the future sucks for you to a huge extent, most forms of entertainment (movies TV, gaming systems, etc. WILL BE converting to 3-D within the next decade or two, so have fun.

-Movies: To try to stop piracy

-TV/gaming: To "improve" the experience

I know people in advertising that have confirmed with me that this is truely going to happen, hell TV's have already begun now so, as you can see we are taking our first steps into a 3-D entertainment everywhere.