Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
A. I don't know Faithborn at all, but as a reader of this forum I have personally seen several posts that are very constructive and instructive, what some might call valuable contributions to the PvP community as a whole. If these guides were studied and better utilized by the vast majority of PvPers in this game, 99% of the PUG matches I play in would be more competitive.

Your inability to acknowledge this clear and obvious fact demonstrates precisely the absence of objectivity to which I refer. Your confirmation is most welcome.

B. See A.



I was unaware that MMO resumes were necessary, or that qualifications were required for an opinion in your thread. Nobody cares. I appreciate long, well-thought out posts, and while you have a few interesting suggestions - you offer nothing new of value and everything I believe is of value is something already stated previously - often by someone with a better argument than yours. In many ways, I simply disagree with so much of what you said, there isn't enough value to build a good conversation from. I suspect that several others drew a similar conclusion.

Let me get this straight... You claim experience hosting your own PvP MMO private servers in one breath then complain about people breaking the EULA in your next breath? Ironic.
Again a lack of knowledge of the EULA. However your like for FB may exist, it is your OPINION. There is no facts supporting that and he claims to specialize in a department that is only 2% of the game, if PVP was around 30%.
Still no supporting evidence, only hear-say.
My "resume" as you pit it is further support that I know what I am doing, and would not and do not put people on ignore, which is where your heading btw, that actually have intelligent insight.
I would also modify my suggestions and feedback to meet a common ground. However as it currently stands, almost every replying poster on this thread has nothing but theories and trolling, nothing else.
So with my supporting evidence, and facts, it becomes me saying "1+1=2" and "Here is why", and the rest of you saying "No noob 1+1=5" without showing how you came to the obviously wrong conclusion.

So as it stands,with all of the constructive methodologies I practice, I am right until proven otherwise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
05-11-2010, 12:13 PM
The OP contained a few ideas that potentially had merit. I would not say they were new, and they are certainly not unbiased. Sadly, the discussion has ended there and will likely not continue. No one, including the OP, has taken significant steps against the arguments turning personal. So it goes.

OP: You clearly have a significant social capital deficit in this part of the community. This will continue to plague your attempts at change, regardless of whether your argument contains any inherent validity. You can choose to address or ignore this as you will.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
05-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayupan
My "resume" as you pit it is further support that I know what I am doing, and would not and do not put people on ignore, which is where your heading btw, that actually have intelligent insight.
Obviously you must know what you are doing, by ignoring some PvPers and threatening to ignore even more PvPers, you are clearly on a path towards building a huge consensus of ONE regarding what is best for STO PvP. What impressive community building skills you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayupan
So as it stands,with all of the constructive methodologies I practice, I am right until proven otherwise.
Yes, because nothing quite says "constructive methodology" like a healthy demonstration of arrogance and righteousness.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
05-11-2010, 12:44 PM
You say your resume of Hosting Private MMO's and working on balance teams gives you the right to say what this game needs. I have not seen any names of the games you have " Worked on or Hosted" but let me give you a hint at My resume

20 years US army retired
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Forensics
Balance and Dev team of the Free Lancer MOD Evolutions

So I have worked on Video games and I have done several other things does that make me an expert at what will balance THIS game out no, each game has it's own unique powers and balance issues, these post are your opion and as another poster had Put it you have a sever social deficit within This portion of the Star Trek Online Community due to previous post maturity level or what ever the reason, So most people that post here will flame you or completely ignore anything you have to say.


Do I like teh current Incarnation of SNB yes, do I think it needs to be changed no, Do I like the current Incarnation of Beam target Subsystem X Not all of them do they need to be looked at some of them yes. instead of crying about this or that as you Seem to do constantly I simply adapt and overcome.

if I am beat with BTSS:X then I learn to counter it really there is no one game breaking skill in this game most not all have counters but to constantly hapr on one thing or another and ask them to be changed to suit your playstyle is why people can't stand you in this portion of the community.

So put me on ignore or what ever you wish doesn't affect my gameing. But understand that all the ****ing and moaning you do is why you have no Social Capital within this portion of the community.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
05-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
The OP contained a few ideas that potentially had merit. I would not say they were new, and they are certainly not unbiased. Sadly, the discussion has ended there and will likely not continue. No one, including the OP, has taken significant steps against the arguments turning personal. So it goes.

OP: You clearly have a significant social capital deficit in this part of the community. This will continue to plague your attempts at change, regardless of whether your argument contains any inherent validity. You can choose to address or ignore this as you will.
It'd be nice to see the less frequently used abilities buffed so there would be more variety in the game. The OP's suggestions are a step in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
05-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
The OP contained a few ideas that potentially had merit. I would not say they were new, and they are certainly not unbiased. Sadly, the discussion has ended there and will likely not continue. No one, including the OP, has taken significant steps against the arguments turning personal. So it goes.

OP: You clearly have a significant social capital deficit in this part of the community. This will continue to plague your attempts at change, regardless of whether your argument contains any inherent validity. You can choose to address or ignore this as you will.
It has nothing to do with social capital. All it is a bunch of basically teenager trolls that follow me around to every and whatever thread I post in. All over the forums, not single community dependent. For some reason this small posse of trolls must follow some troll bible and have me mixed up with some troll messiah. In-which they may see or not see my threads as trolling when they really aren't, but besides they will attempt to make a looping black hole of ignorance. Ignore is the best way to handle it because certain "entities" are either not taking the appropriate steps to deal with them breaking the EULA or are taking sides, in which cause both scenarios is not uncommon for any MMO, however wrong.

I like to think of it in the same sense I personally use in parenting, and ignore is a form of time-out. At least I know my posts have validity, and are constructed well, why should I care what my troll fan-club thinks.



For instance a prime example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirethion
You say your resume of Hosting Private MMO's and working on balance teams gives you the right to say what this game needs. I have not seen any names of the games you have " Worked on or Hosted" but let me give you a hint at My resume

20 years US army retired
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Forensics
Balance and Dev team of the Free Lancer MOD Evolutions

So I have worked on Video games and I have done several other things does that make me an expert at what will balance THIS game out no, each game has it's own unique powers and balance issues, these post are your opion and as another poster had Put it you have a sever social deficit within This portion of the Star Trek Online Community due to previous post maturity level or what ever the reason, So most people that post here will flame you or completely ignore anything you have to say.


Do I like teh current Incarnation of SNB yes, do I think it needs to be changed no, Do I like the current Incarnation of Beam target Subsystem X Not all of them do they need to be looked at some of them yes. instead of crying about this or that as you Seem to do constantly I simply adapt and overcome.

if I am beat with BTSS:X then I learn to counter it really there is no one game breaking skill in this game most not all have counters but to constantly hapr on one thing or another and ask them to be changed to suit your playstyle is why people can't stand you in this portion of the community.

So put me on ignore or what ever you wish doesn't affect my gameing. But understand that all the ****ing and moaning you do is why you have no Social Capital within this portion of the community.
Ok, "Liarthion", I can easily tell just from a quick psychological analysis of your attitude that your are clearly lying, and just trying to "stroke an e-peen", that does not even exist. I have more faith in our Armed forces, and see no way or no how someone with such immaturity and ignorance would be allowed to serve in such, Much less for 20 years.
Quick educated observation would put you at 16, follow up observation would put you on ignore.




Quote:
Originally Posted by radiumz0rz View Post
It'd be nice to see the less frequently used abilities buffed so there would be more variety in the game. The OP's suggestions are a step in the right direction.
Thank you radium. All I really try to do is give some insight to the devs so they don't take the road I at least see them taking which is guessing what the right answer is and than once that is in testing no matter what they stick to it like its a religion without pursuing other options or possibilities.
Obviously if I thought my suggestions should be implemented to the T, you'd see more of the material being posted in engineering reports which get the most and quickest Dev response. I am understanding as well, that if things do not change for the brighter, I will make the proper decision any smart investor would do when they see no hope for their investment, and "back-out"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
05-12-2010, 11:30 AM
I think several of your ideas would be interesting to try out. Mainly because there are way too many useless abilities in the game. I'd love to see more variety.

Tactical team---Needs a huge buff. Since it's on the same cooldown as ET and ST, which are far more useful, it's currently useless. It shouldn't just remove one debuff, perhaps remove a debuff every 3 seconds or something.

Boarding party--Almost useless. Either make it where if a shuttle makes it to the target, it's far more devastating, or make it where you can beam them aboard if the targets shields are down.

Honestly, there's too many useless abilities to even list here, lol.

Lowering the damage of everyone I don't think is a good idea though. I'm a tac/cruiser and I have run into people that I couldn't take their shields down for nothing, it's rare, but it happens. I honestly think SNB was a step in the right direction in slowing down escort burst damage. I think the problem is really escorts super-stacking buffs. I've seen these guys pop anywhere from 6 to 9 (not sure of the total number of buffs an escort can stack), but the result is usually capable of killing a cruiser in 3 to 5 seconds, if that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
05-12-2010, 11:40 AM
More nonsense; claiming people are ignored and raging on peoples intellect/age - just another day in an Ayupan "NERF IT ALLRRAWRARGRUMBLEGRUMBLE" thread.











/yawn
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayupan
It has nothing to do with social capital. All it is a bunch of basically teenager trolls that follow me around to every and whatever thread I post in. All over the forums, not single community dependent. For some reason this small posse of trolls must follow some troll bible and have me mixed up with some troll messiah. In-which they may see or not see my threads as trolling when they really aren't, but besides they will attempt to make a looping black hole of ignorance. Ignore is the best way to handle it because certain "entities" are either not taking the appropriate steps to deal with them breaking the EULA or are taking sides, in which cause both scenarios is not uncommon for any MMO, however wrong.
it is not a small posse of trolls that stalk you, it is the community is telling you to get the **** out of the forums. Anyone that holds an opinion opposite of yours is condemned as "a toddler" which is both childish and does not fall under the flaming rules, despite the fact that it is clearly an insult (albiet a bad one) and a troll.

The stronger players have already adapted to the changes, the average players are adapting to the changes, and you cry bloody murder in just about every subforum on this forum about a nerf that you can't handle. I don't honestly know whats worse, the fact that you haven't adapted or the fact that you ***** to everyone about not adapting.

you have challenged the forum's brightest and lost, and yet you continue on your mixed up cruisade while blinding {ignoring/insulting/trolling the **** out} of anyone that holds an opposite opinion. Additionally you were a horrible player in game and quite an ******* when I played against you a while ago.

Why you haven't been banned is beyond me. At first glance newer people may see the walls of text and assume you mean well, but after further examination and your horrible attitude towards people that do not agree with you it is fairly obvious that you are nothing but a troll.

people like akumarev can at least back up their claims with the weight of their characters, Everyone knows DOB/Section 31. Even then, they post constructive material quite often and are positives to the community. You however are never seen except on the forums and even then, all you do is *****, complain, and troll.

ps. go ahead and report me, I don't care. Someone needs to break the EULA to throw a brick at you. It's often said its best to ignore the trolls, but with this one I think the community needs to throw alot of bricks until the mods get the picture.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzx
I think several of your ideas would be interesting to try out. Mainly because there are way too many useless abilities in the game. I'd love to see more variety.

Tactical team---Needs a huge buff. Since it's on the same cooldown as ET and ST, which are far more useful, it's currently useless. It shouldn't just remove one debuff, perhaps remove a debuff every 3 seconds or something.

Boarding party--Almost useless. Either make it where if a shuttle makes it to the target, it's far more devastating, or make it where you can beam them aboard if the targets shields are down.

Honestly, there's too many useless abilities to even list here, lol.

Lowering the damage of everyone I don't think is a good idea though. I'm a tac/cruiser and I have run into people that I couldn't take their shields down for nothing, it's rare, but it happens. I honestly think SNB was a step in the right direction in slowing down escort burst damage. I think the problem is really escorts super-stacking buffs. I've seen these guys pop anywhere from 6 to 9 (not sure of the total number of buffs an escort can stack), but the result is usually capable of killing a cruiser in 3 to 5 seconds, if that.
See, Feedback with supporting arguments, opinions and evidence.
Thank you for the intelligent response that these others are incapable of.

I have to say we basically agree with each other except the SNB part. I think it was a bad move and over-fixed the buff stacking problem. First off I think it was bad judgement not to give it to all captains or make it a BoFF skill. Secondly the biggest supporting argument I see on behlf of the new SNB is RSP, which makes no sense because it had quite a few and known counters already. SNB in its current form is why the sci pop has grown to 70% in PVP and why I see more and more sci/escorts and tac/escorts are an endangered species. It is game-mechanic altering, the only one, and has no counter.



Good discussion though. Thanks again.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 PM.