Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
This thread is making me want to play Champions.

I only played it for a few days when I tried it the first time, but I do own a digital copy and I can reactivate my subscription just about any time I want...

Who here might be interested in playing, if I got into it? :p
Hmmmm Mirror universe uniforms still awarded for C.O account holders?
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
CO lifetimers and not sure if they are still doing that deal
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Champions in it's current state:

Champions has always been fun for me. It is very comic-booky in atmosphere and appearance. The game has a strange sense of self-referencing humor. I love the more complex missions, the raids, and the group encounters. There are a lot of 'Defeat 7 Waltzing Monkeys' missions which get kinda boring but new missions tend to be veering away from those.

Then there is the Nemesis system. This is fun, all the way around. My only complaint is I wish there were more tailored 'personalities' for your Nemesis to have. But the missions tend to be good and comic booky.

Best part is the character creator. Options are all over the place. Have fun here.

Some things I don't like is Vibora or Pay For A Bay. It is a new zone that can only be accessed by microtransaction. Content is kinda slim in parts still, combined with a limited endgame means you will be running the exact same missions for every character you make.
VB is a "free" expansion. There are no microtransactions required for it.

Content is also no longer slim.

End game is still lacking though. Although they are shortly to commence launching regular adventure packs (for free), which scale depending on level and group size. So they can be used for leveling, or at end game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Hi all,

Any of you lot play champions, i played it during open beta but never subbed as i just got a little bored with it. I did enjoy the game but just wanted to know what the state of it is. What's good, what's bad. is pvp improved, how's the endgame. how's the teaming, the state of the public quests. anything. What the latest patches been like. i might check it out again but would like an honest review. try to point out the good and bad please

if i post this anywhere else it will drift to page 100, never be read or get closed for having nothing to do with STO

Thanks.
Its a lot more polished than it was at launch and at the moment its receiving a lot of attention. It was struggling (at lot), until they released Revelation. Now while still niche, there's been a reasonable increase in players.

The end game is lite, with two lairs and UNITY I & II missions. As with CoH its more aligned to creating multiple types of heroes, then sticking with one.

The recent patches have been received very well by the community. It has a much more positive buzz around it than STO currently does.

PvP hasn't changed much, other than they've rebalanced a significant amount of powers. So its more vaired these day, as to what people's builds are.

Between STO and CO, if I were asked to recommend just one then in all honesty it would be CO. Just don't expect a hardcore MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I also heard about Champions Online around the time I first signed on during launch. What is the game like? Does it really play out like a comic book? Any info will greatly be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
I also heard about Champions Online around the time I first signed on during launch. What is the game like? Does it really play out like a comic book? Any info will greatly be appreciated.
when i played it, it did have a very strong comic book feel, much more so than CoH. Its a fun game, just not that deep. I think i might check it out again for a month and see for myself
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Might resub to CO this month.

Has a desire for a MMO with missiles and lasers again. (that doesnt involve ships)

It is the strongest part of CO. It is not fantasy.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-12-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat

Has a desire for a MMO with missiles and lasers again. (that doesnt involve ships)

I know exactly what you mean.

I recently went back and made a new character but found I had completely forgotten which skills suited which architype

E.g More strength or more Dex for cetain characters.
Oh well guess i have to learn again

I've also dabbled in COH Mission architect, made 2 cool maps and tested em with my friends Saya and Wild
Loving the new Ultra graphics the water looks lovely.

Btw Saya says hi Chat
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat

OK so we know Chat is mutated baked goods and Chat wears a cape. The picture becomes more clear, and weird
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-12-2010, 08:21 AM
O_O Up there in the sky. Is it a bird ? Is it a plane ?. Noo its SUPER COOKIE !

*Warning attempting to bite said cookie may result in being Punted*