Lt. Commander
Hey there, guys!!

I am a major Mecha Anime Otaku, and I think it shows in the names of my characters and ships. Any names I use that were not random or provided by someone else (Kinthok's Name Threads are EXCELLENT resources when you're stumped ) often either come directly from Mecha Anime or are based on names from Mecha Anime.

So, is there anyone else out there who uses the same naming practice (or something similar)?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2010, 02:58 PM
I have a Rei Ayanami bridge officer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Do I have to say it?

Asuka
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2010, 03:08 PM
My Tier 5 assault cruiser is the U.S.S. Evangelion.

Lt. Commander
# 5
05-11-2010, 04:42 PM
One of my Warriors in ******** is named Trogosuziel, a combination of two names.

Trogos - an artillery tank in the Battle Isle series
Uziel - A Mechwarrior Battle mech.

He's a walking tank hur hur.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2010, 06:57 PM
My Science officer, her ships, and crew are all named after the "Full Metal Panic!" series.

DSSV: Tuatha De Danann
RSV: Mithril
T4: M-9 Gernsback
T3: Lambda Driver
T2: ARX-7 Arbalest
T1: Bonta-kun (whenever runabouts are fixed and nameable it shall take this name)

My Sci char: "Tessa" Teletha Testarossa
Crew: Souske Sagara, Kaname Chidori, Kurz Weber, Melissa Mao, Andrei Kalinin, Richard Mardukas, Nora Reming, Ren Mikihara, and I even made the AI's as characters, Dana and AL.

Made them all look as close to their characters as possible with the customizations available. (aside from the AIs, I just made them how I saw fit since you don't really see them)

P.S. @ SpaceFork Uziel was awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-11-2010, 07:06 PM
My ship (in the demo at least) is the U.S.S. Timber Wolf. My favorite from the entirety of the BattleTech universe.

My forum name, too. Huge BattleTech fan here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Wow--more feedback than I expected for only the first hour or so--I expected it to take longer for fellow Otakus to come to this thread. Well, I might as well provide my example--My STO Main!!!

The name of my Main is Alexander "Alex" Yamato--to be honest, this guy is my primary Original Character. He was originally created to represent me in the Gundam Multiverse, but I use Quantum Mechanics to bring him everywhere. His ship, the USS Maelstrom, is another "original" name--again, it was originally the name of his "Upgrade" Gundam, but it shows up in other locations as well.

The names of several of his crew come from Gundam 00--Leesa Kujo (the birth name of Sumeragi Lee Noriega--and my version of Leesa is just as good a Tactical Forcaster as the original!! ), Ian Vashti, Mileina Vashti, Lasse Aeon, and Haro (that's right--I created a character based on the ball-robot-mascot of the Gundam Multiverse!!!) Up until a couple of days ago, I also had Setsuna F. Seiei and Feldt Grace (both characters from Gundam 00) on the Maelstrom's crew. However, they have left the crew, and Setsuna has become a new Alt for myself. Like Saber Avalon, I tried to match the character's appearance to the original as much as possible (except for Haro--I had to change him from being a ball-shaped robot into an Android).

What do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Now I'm sorely tempted to make a Nadesico...
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-11-2010, 07:59 PM
@ KiraYamato

Never underestimate the Otaku, we have Anime senses that tingle, similar to spidey sense, only for anime related things. If I see you online I want to see your crew, always been a fan of the gundam multiverse. (you can see mine too if ya like, only Dana doesn't show up on my bridge too often for some reason. Maybe she takes the role of ships AI too seriously and doesn't appear because she's 'in the computer' )

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Now I'm sorely tempted to make a Nadesico...
oh! oh! Do it! then lemme see the crew lol