Lt. Commander
# 1 Customization Costs
05-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Taking Commander_Sheppard's topic a bit further, I'd like to know why the costs to customize (whether it's your ship, costume or the like) are so high?

One of the raves that STO gets is the depth of customization that is offered. I'll agree with that, to an extent. It justs seems to me that even minor uniform tweeking can spiral out of control and wind up costing an insane amount.

Sure, I'm high level enough now to go blast a few Klingons/Romulans and walk away with a few nice drops to sell and pay for whatever cusomization I want, but I dunno..seems like an awful lot to change a few hairstyles or uniform color shades.

As much I'd rather it also be real cheap, I can see why ship customization would warrant a high price if we're talking about "scale". Still though...maybe it's the kind of player I am; I just like tinkering with design. I'm embarrassed to say that I spend a lot of time hand selecting every physical detail of my new BO's...as well as an in-depth search for the right color shading and design for my ships.

These great features are here for us to use, right? So why the roadblocks? Especially at the lower levels. It would be one thing if these customizations were game-altering and affected game-play, but they don't. They're there for our pleasure and satisfaction.

So what gives?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2010, 01:58 PM
it's a money sink.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Not to mention that you always get 1 FREE update when you first acquire the Ship/BO/Character in question...
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Okay, it's a money sink for higher level players, but for new people just starting out or those that cannot play as often (and as a result level faster) it significantly limits an attractive aspect of the game.