Lt. Commander
# 1 Reworking Crew Power type
05-12-2010, 10:32 AM
I propose that the current "crew" power type be split into three separate power types with separate cooldowns:

1. Science Crew
2. Engineering Crew
3. Tactical Crew

Furthermore, I propose that the existing "team" skills be renamed as follows. The renames would help players, especially new ones, to understand what the teams do, and would further allow new team skills to be made without there being confusion.

1. Science Team --> Shield Recharge Team
2. Engineering Team --> Ship Repair Team
3. Tactical Team --> Strategic Planning Team - further, the crew recovery should be removed from this ability and the weapons skill bonus buffed up accordingly. Crew recovery would be handled on the new Medical Support Team (see below).

Lastly, I propose the creation of some new team skills, as follows:

1. Medical Support Team --> Gives large crew recovery as well as a significant boost to crew recovery and crew damage resistance.
2. Subsystem Management Team --> Grants resistance to subsystem failure (as opposed to fixing them once broken) and improves power levels to a moderate degree.

Boarding Party can serve as the "new" tactical crew ability, being solely on the tactical crew cooldown.

Feedback appreciated, as well as more crew ability ideas. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Good idea, although I'd shorten the names personally. Shield Team, Repair Team, Strategy Team, Medical Team, Systems Team, and Boarding Team (to keep naming theme).