Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
It would be nice if we could use Science and Engineering team at the same time on ourselves...but have the global cool down apply to using on others.

I can get there has to be a delay for getting multiple teams onboard another ship using the transporter(hence the transporter sound when activating a X-Team skill)...but for ownship, it seems like a bad mechanic. We should be able to sortie multiple X-teams onboard our own ships with much more ease.

Now, I do accept the inability to use multiple copies of a specific X-team...like any version of Science(I, II or III) team simultaneously. The global cool down should still apply for those. Without it, we'd have excessive hull tanking with the Engineering Teams, or excessive Weapon buffs with Tactical teams, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Being able to use them at the same time on your own ship would be over powered. You'd end up with at least PVP players running at least Sci I and II and Eng I, II. Then as soon as they're close to exploding they'd hit both Sci/Eng to get at least back up about half way. Then by the time the GCD is done they'd pop the other set and be back to full or pull themselves out of the fire again. By the time you got them low on hull/shields the GCD would be done the first set would be up again and it starts all over. The shared cooldown on those really is a good thing.

In story reason, there is only so much crew to go around repairing things. You don't want your science personnel stepping on the toes of your engineers and having nothing get repaired in time. No to mention all the damage you're taking means some of those crew memebers should be in sick bay.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcars View Post
Being able to use them at the same time on your own ship would be over powered. You'd end up with at least PVP players running at least Sci I and II and Eng I, II. Then as soon as they're close to exploding they'd hit both Sci/Eng to get at least back up about half way. Then by the time the GCD is done they'd pop the other set and be back to full or pull themselves out of the fire again. By the time you got them low on hull/shields the GCD would be done the first set would be up again and it starts all over. The shared cooldown on those really is a good thing.

In story reason, there is only so much crew to go around repairing things. You don't want your science personnel stepping on the toes of your engineers and having nothing get repaired in time. No to mention all the damage you're taking means some of those crew memebers should be in sick bay.
This is why the teams should not share a global cooldown and science teams buff should have NOTHING to do with shields or resists. Science team makes more sense as a medical team effect, and it should heal crew or add crew in some fashion and buff more specific science related skills. I would also say EPTS needs a buff to it's shield heal.Just as Tactical team should buff more specific weapon types, like all energy damage types but buff the higher tiered types that cost more skillpoints by a greater value, also helping out that current problem.