Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 A Question for Lifers
05-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Suppose for a moment that you weren't a lifer and had to choose: "Do I pay another $15 for next month, or should I take some time off and come back in 3 months to check out the progress?"

What would you choose? Would you continue to subscribe or would you take some time off?

Hypothetically, at this point you'd have spent about $50 for the game and about $45 on sub fees.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I'd be outta there quick. But I would come back for each welcome back event to see if it became worth it again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-12-2010, 04:29 PM
That depended on if I was enjoying the game as it is now or if I didn't like it but still had hopes for it.

If I liked it I would keep playing. If I wasn't particularly happy but still having some fun then I would probably still pay for it. If I wasn't happy but thought it would get better once Season 2 came out (or w/e), then I might cancel and come back after a time.

It really comes down to the individual and what other game options they have or want to do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I've felt that when I paid to play, I felt like I had to play at least a little each day, in order to feel like I got my money's worth.

With a lifetime sub, I am able to play anytime, and not feel the regret that I couldn't play for a few days at a time.

I'm sure someone could come up with the same logic for not playing for awhile, and having a lifetime sub.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-12-2010, 04:32 PM
I would have to say, yes I would still pay.

Let me qualify that by saying, I still play my older Star Trek games.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
That depended on if I was enjoying the game as it is now or if I didn't like it but still had hopes for it.

If I liked it I would keep playing. If I wasn't particularly happy but still having some fun then I would probably still pay for it. If I wasn't happy but thought it would get better once Season 2 came out (or w/e), then I might cancel and come back after a time.

It really comes down to the individual and what other game options they have or want to do.
But what would you personally do? I'm not asking about it in a general sense. Given your experience and daily or weekly gameplay activities. What would you personally do? What category do you fall under here?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I would have to say, yes I would still pay.

Let me qualify that by saying, I still play my older Star Trek games.
Wanna play some elite force?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Man, I'm going to Japan and I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to play. If I wasn't a lifer I'd probably have to cancel until I was sure I'd be able to play. My problem is the way that I think this question is viewed.

If you don't want to play the game for a while then yes, I'd take some time off and come back. It's economical for your wallet. The game is still very young and has a lot of growing up to do. Check in and enjoy what she has to offer as you feel necessary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Consider the fact that $15 a month breaks down to 50 cents a day, I'm sure I would continue to keep my membership. As it is, I usually play at least one set of exploration missions each day, and thats at least 30 mins of playtime, which is well worth 50 cents.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
But what would you personally do? I'm not asking about it in a general sense. Given your experience and daily or weekly gameplay activities. What would you personally do? What category do you fall under here?
Given how open Cryptic has been and how they have laid out what they're going to put into the game over the next few months, I would have to say that I would stay.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:35 PM.