Lt. Commander
# 21
05-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I understand what you're saying but I'm asking you to make a choice, imagining that you are a monthly sub. Based on how much you enjoy the game, combined with how often you play, would you choose to resub for next month, or would you take a break and come back in a few months?
In all honesty, I really don't know.
I find the game fun. But I already have one of each class at RA5.
I'm waiting around for the next big update.
So under that assumption, I'd have to say no. I'd wait for the big update, and check back.
However, the reward system will be retroactive, so I'd have to pay to keep the account active.
I'm leaning towards no, if I had to make a decision.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:

In other words, are you as completely invested and happy with this game after 3 months of playing it, or do you find yourself playing less often? How has your playing habits changed? Would those changes, if you paid monthly, influence your decision to resub?
I am happy with the game but I am not satisfied with the game, if that makes sense. So yes I would continue to sub

I find myself playing a little less often but only cause RL and other games also need attention.

My habits pretty much stay on the same cycle. So ya, nothing changed for me

No, only if I couldn't play or was unwilling to play for an extended time. (Or they pulled a NGE)
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
I think that maybe some people are missing what I'm asking. It's more of a question relating to your current gaming experience and if you deem the next month's worth of play as equally as you viewed last month or the month before. I realize that many of you guys hate dishing out $15 a month for something like this, but I'm asking for your subjective opinions here. If you put yourselves in the shoes of a monthly subscriber, what would you do. Pay $15-30 for the next few months, or take a break to see the progress before committing yourself further to the game.

In other words, are you as completely invested and happy with this game after 3 months of playing it, or do you find yourself playing less often? How has your playing habits changed? Would those changes, if you paid monthly, influence your decision to resub?
I think it is a broad question to ask, since there are so many folks who feels diffrently. Like me ... again, YES I would still be paying... Why?

I give it the 1yr mark, regardless of if i like it or not.. happy or not.. etc etc.. some other folks will feel different and judge the spending as a cost benifit or not. To me gamming is not about the money but more about my off time. I have always loved gaming and if you can bury me in a computer box.. then I'll be happy.

I guess another thing I am getting from your question is "are you happy with the game"? that in itself will be another tough question, becuase different peeps will look for different things. As a player said above, the July patch might be a nice patch where you will see alot of folks come back to give it a whirl.

Get what I'm saying my friend?
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Suppose for a moment that you weren't a lifer and had to choose: "Do I pay another $15 for next month, or should I take some time off and come back in 3 months to check out the progress?"

What would you choose? Would you continue to subscribe or would you take some time off?
I would take some time off and come back six months or so later.

Mind you, I enjoy the game, and I'm happy with my lifetime sub. I think it will pay off in the long run. But I don't think the game is worth $15 a month yet. The game needs a lot more content. I seriously doubt that Season 2 will provide enough.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Let me just say this. I am still paying for my CoH account and I play that rarely if at all these days. I'm sure once Going Rogue is released the playtime will pick up again as I have plans for one character in particular and he's one of my all server alts.

I think I'd feel the same way about STO as new seasons are released. That's why I bought the Lifetime sub in the first place.

Lt. Commander
# 26
05-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Just to clarify, I'm not asking anyone to justify their decision to purchase a lifetime subscription. I'm only asking that you put yourselves in the shoes of a montlhy subscriber and ask, "What would I do, given that I can't afford a lifetime sub?"
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-12-2010, 06:01 PM
To be totally honest when I started playing this game (closed beta) I told myself the only way I would play post beta was if it had a lifetime subscription. That's not knocking STO, but I can only justify so much wife aggro and only pay for one game at a time. For me that game has been and still is CoH.

But since STO offered lifetime I could justify the up front cost for the long term benefits. When stuff comes out for CoH and I take a break from STO it's justified as the normal monthly cost for that game. When I take a break from CoH and play STO then it's still the same cost only as if diverted to this game. Sure STO hasn't paid for itself yet but it will. To the OP though, if lifetime wasn't an option, I would not be in this game only because my love for CoH is greater. If CoH didn't exist I'd be here and paying willingly.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
I don't log in every day, but I do log in most days. I don't play for more than a few hours at a time. I go slow. I read the missions I'm doing. On one of my characters, I'm actually doing the Captain's Log entries for all of the story missions. I have kept this pace up since Headstart, and I still have not gotten a character to Admiral. I'm in no rush, and I am having fun. Next month, I probably will get to Admiral. But next month I'll probably also be able to get a few friends to try the game, so I have a great reason to do all the content again. Then comes July and Season 2. So yeah, I have a lot of good reasons to keep subscribing, were I to still have to make that choice.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Just to clarify, I'm not asking anyone to justify their decision to purchase a lifetime subscription. I'm only asking that you put yourselves in the shoes of a montlhy subscriber and ask, "What would I do, given that I can't afford a lifetime sub?"
Not sure the difference really. If the game wasn't keeping me entertained I wouldn't have went LT on it. Not being one of those 'rush to endgame as fast as possible' types I'm still enjoying the journey. That would be unchanged if I were monthly.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Well i really dont know. Think i would come back in a couple of month.Its nice to have a lifetime thou.
For me its not about the money, thats not the issue.Its for me a matter of principle, things i want to se ingame and many others. And that they refuse to answear or cant answear .

Things like why cant the enemy encounters be optional, why cant we know if there will be some sort of open pvp. Bug fixes thats been since open beta. STF's that are more group friendly and not grinding and borring .Better and more pvp maps.Less instances with more players and make sector space better and bigger. Transwarp between starbases. Why the heck cant we fly any ship we want as a tier 5 ship, makes no sense. Things like that. This is things we ask about all the time and they dont answear.

They work hard to give us more content, but the stuff that for many of us really matter i'm afraid will never se the light of day in this game.And to have to pay 400 cryptic points to reskill a caracter is just crasy.They actually charge players in the c-store for emotes, thats over the top.

All i know is that it is nice to have somthing to look forward to, and for me that is TOR.
Thats my new hope