Lt. Commander
# 41
05-14-2010, 11:03 AM
So I found the problem with the engineers not making it to their consoles correctly, it's an unfortunate path finding issue partly due to Cover Shield.

This will be fixed soon across the game, but for the STF I've given the Engineers the ability to beam themselves to their consoles if they are stuck for more than 45 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-14-2010, 11:22 AM
also a timeframe:

startred 3:39 pm
went to ground: 4pm (in space 21 minutes)
got to sulu: 5:50pm (1hour 50 minutes to clear the ground bit, can probably shave of 20 orso minutes from that with a more experienced group)
Kill the boss: 6:53 pm (1 hour and 3 minutes)

quite honestly looking at those numbers (roughly 3 hours to clear) its just to long and spending an hour on a boss you know how to kill but cant cause of flukes is even worse
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyvian View Post
also a timeframe:

startred 3:39 pm
went to ground: 4pm (in space 21 minutes)
got to sulu: 5:50pm (1hour 50 minutes to clear the ground bit, can probably shave of 20 orso minutes from that with a more experienced group)
Kill the boss: 6:53 pm (1 hour and 3 minutes)

quite honestly looking at those numbers (roughly 3 hours to clear) its just to long and spending an hour on a boss you know how to kill but cant cause of flukes is even worse
Expect this to change.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadscythe
Yay.

NOT!

Infected pretty much ensured i will never bother with Cryptic's take on "endgame" instances. Zerg the player with stupidly high numbers of enemies,, insta gib them with environmental hazards they don't get a chance to escape if they're laggy/overseas players, drag said forumla out over 3+ hours and call it an STF.

editL oh and i forgot, when they give their feedback about it on the forums tell them in a condescending way that their feedback is wrong because they know best, after all they built it.

Totally agree soooooooo many people are giving up with end game due infected and forums littered with comments and complaints what does cryptic do ohh give you another c point store playable faction (maybee if they gave me a mario one id try that)

infected and big dig ds9 ce fleet actions are al shocking respawning tedious affairs that no one ever goes back to.

well if you get past ps2 platform game called infected.

Write to gamming mags post reviews on gaming sites maybee that way we will get some action.

Ironic only time i ever see gms is hanging about sol or sirius sector block (funny never see them in gamma)

did anyone even play test these levels.

And a come back weekend if you came back and wasted all your time on big dig and infected would you re subscribe.

Dont mention it to the ott trekkies or they will all report you for spam and try get you silenced.

MAYBEE THEY SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THE REPLY YOU GET FOR ANY FAULT STAR TREK ONLINE IS AN EVOLVING MMO

AND IF WE DONT TELL CRYPTICE WHAT SUCKS SO IT CAN BE ADDRESSED.

YOU WILL GET A MESSAGE STAR TREK ONLINE IS NO MORE.

funny i didnt think star trek federation was like a communist stat where your not allowed an opinion. we do have a thing called freedom of speech (and before trolls start im not american never been to america, and a lot of other parts of the world have free speech)
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I think the defend-engineer part needs tweaking somewhat. I don't know wheter the difficulty has changed, or whether or not the million & 1 undine that beam in to each console is the "correct" number, but as a bunker engineer (what I thought would be ideal for this part) I was dead in <20 seconds and the NPC shortly afterwards. Tried this several times with the fleet; none of us are what you'd call noobs, and it just doesn't seem viable for one player to defend against that much inc. damage.

Edit: and for fark's sake, take gravwell OFF the undine ships until the gravwell bug is fixed. It's fcking ridiculous, I think we all had to suicide once because of non-existant 'wells dragging us in every bloody direction long after they expired.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morticus
Expect this to change.
awsome. \o/
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharklite View Post
I think the defend-engineer part needs tweaking somewhat. I don't know wheter the difficulty has changed, or whether or not the million & 1 undine that beam in to each console is the "correct" number, but as a bunker engineer (what I thought would be ideal for this part) I was dead in <20 seconds and the NPC shortly afterwards. Tried this several times with the fleet; none of us are what you'd call noobs, and it just doesn't seem viable for one player to defend against that much inc. damage.

Edit: and for fark's sake, take gravwell OFF the undine ships until the gravwell bug is fixed. It's fcking ridiculous, I think we all had to suicide once because of non-existant 'wells dragging us in every bloody direction long after they expired.
quite honestly the engineer bit is about perfect, takes a bit long but mobwise its fairly handable.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-14-2010, 01:50 PM
How did you handle it? I admit, 99% of my points are in space-skills, but I really dunno how I'm supposed to hold that many mobs off. Sure, I can cover-shield part of their firing arc out, force-dome to stop anything coming close for 30 seconds, and toss up my turret, drone, and my dinky regen fields. But against the 20-odd mobs that spawn? The phrase "****ing in the wind" comes to mind. :/
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
the first wave poofs in seconds. Its rare we even get shield damage, the second wave the nasties spawn infront of the door where the chief engineer takes up camp, we ust had 2 of us burn down each wave of psi/war masters there and kept doing that. While the medic circled around and heals.
Lt. Commander
# 50 so... Terradome
05-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Ok so here is my little crying session

So our group is 2 Engineers specced fully in ground Fabrication kits
2 tacticals
1 science basicaly all heals.

We breazed through the first space battle with little major problems, acouple deaths with all the junk that was all over the place but we got through it.

Did the ground with majority of no problems. First time on egineers we wiped as it was our first time, learned it. 2nd time we got a GO at that station. Moved on. Went upstairs, cleared. Down to Bar, Cleared, Down further in.

So we were basicaly cruising through like normal.

Side note our team has done Infected in 30 min, Cure in 45 Min, and KA in 70 min, so we are pretty good on the ground and never really die and very rarely wipe.

So we get to sulu.

Here comes the fun

Figuring out who sulu is insane sometimes, when we do find him he is in a tough spot to defend.

We found a trick and with 2 force shields we would "push" the real sulu out of LOS from the boss any any other mobs.

Once we got him safe we cover shielded him, Then would concentrate on DPS on fake SULUs. Kill them off. Then now we can heal sulu. We keep him alive fairly well once we get to this point.

Well this is were we had a problem. Basicaly we would get boss to 50 percent, then send somoene to get consoles.

But every time we did this as he was doing the consoles, he would either die from respawns, or our entire team would get wipped out from the pulse.

We tried to stop firing on boss, thinking it was Percentage based, that didnt work. Tried to DPS boss down cause we though it was timed. Nope.

So yea regardless. 3 hours on sulu had to give up. Way to many respawning mobs, the Fake sulus are hard to take down fast if not all members are in the same spot focus firing.

Boss targets real sulu in biggining 75 percent of the time and is right on top of him killing him before we can get the fake ones down.

Once we are on fake ones we cannnot get the conoles activated fast enough before the huge pulse kills us all.

This event is the only problem we had in the entire STF, and it royaly screwed us last nite.

Hopefully we figure it out tonight.