Lt. Commander
# 61
05-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
You're doing a bang up job of locking topics daring to criticise this latest bloated mess you've inflicted upon us.
Super.
I can't argue with that, especially from first-hand experience.

As for Terrordome, was fun with space and coin-flip game, but from Quark's Bar and on, was nothing but one big, painful zerg-fest. No challenge, just tedious zerg-festing with the same regurgitated garbage as some of the other STFs. I thought this one was supposed to be different by a different developer? The end of it still feels like Gozer's hand was in it.
Lt. Commander
# 62
05-17-2010, 12:58 PM
My team hasn't finished Terradome yet; last attempt we got taken out by the pulse at the end. We've spent a good 12 hours on this overall.

Aside from some of the difficulty issues reported, I wanted to point out some story issue.

1. After disabling the Transmitters, how did our characters figure out to go to Quark's bar? There appears to be missing dialog about this. We are told it should be safe on our ship followed by the objective just changing.

2. The preview for Terradome suggested we would learn a little bit as to what the Undine are wanting. As you move on and on through the Terradome, you pass many different computer like consoles; yet we can't seem to examine them to gain just a taste of why the Undine are here.

3. There lacks a good deal of information at the end on how to potentially handle the boss fight. In Infected, you were at least told about certain threats such as the plasma; Terradome you don't appear to be warned about anything or even giving a hint that there is some sort of mass destruction attack the commander can do.

Aside from that, I'm in agreement with many other players; Quark's bar and further is just insane with the number of undine you have to kill and lacks strategy.
Lt. Commander
# 63
05-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Aside from that, I'm in agreement with many other players; Quark's bar and further is just insane with the number of undine you have to kill and lacks strategy.
Yup. The Undine are supposed to be quite powerful and difficult to kill. Instead Cryptic gives us a zerg-fest of them.

Since when did STO become Alien vs. Predator or Starcraft 2?
Lt. Commander
# 64
05-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnDog View Post
Cryptic

Please take down this Fleet action!! Fix the bugs and the zerg fest!! This aspect of your product in my opionion not in an acceptable state for release. Please placed it back on tribble.
Think i have already said it all on the 1st topic
Lt. Commander
# 65
05-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
My team hasn't finished Terradome yet; last attempt we got taken out by the pulse at the end. We've spent a good 12 hours on this overall.

Aside from some of the difficulty issues reported, I wanted to point out some story issue.

1. After disabling the Transmitters, how did our characters figure out to go to Quark's bar? There appears to be missing dialog about this. We are told it should be safe on our ship followed by the objective just changing.

2. The preview for Terradome suggested we would learn a little bit as to what the Undine are wanting. As you move on and on through the Terradome, you pass many different computer like consoles; yet we can't seem to examine them to gain just a taste of why the Undine are here.

3. There lacks a good deal of information at the end on how to potentially handle the boss fight. In Infected, you were at least told about certain threats such as the plasma; Terradome you don't appear to be warned about anything or even giving a hint that there is some sort of mass destruction attack the commander can do.

I Agree with this. It needs fixing. As i have said i personnal feel this is the best way to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 66
05-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Yup, it got taxing at the "zerg-fest" but I persevered only to fail against the Commander too many times and not being able to save sulu.

I could tolerate that even if it wasnt for the fact that though I'm at the "Where's Sulu" part of the episode, If I try to continue the mission Im brought several levels back at the beginning of the zergyness..not anywhere near sulu. That's what -really- got to me.
Lt. Commander
# 67
05-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jertyrael View Post
Yup, it got taxing at the "zerg-fest" but I persevered only to fail against the Commander too many times and not being able to save sulu.

I could tolerate that even if it wasnt for the fact that though I'm at the "Where's Sulu" part of the episode, If I try to continue the mission Im brought several levels back at the beginning of the zergyness..not anywhere near sulu. That's what -really- got to me.
Yeah, I hear you. We did the same thing: pressed on just to get it done once we hit the zerg-fest.

We only failed at the "Where's Sulu" room a few times because we were trying to learn the strategy (ie: what to do since the mission doesn't tell you). We had to look up the strategy until we know what to do.

But by that time, we experience camera issues for all members (locked cameras, spinning cameras, etc.) after respawning from the final room. And the final room resets before we break down the door, so while members are fixing their cameras, the room is restarting. By this time, it's pointless to continue with bugged content that's unplayable.

But even if this was fixed in the future, the zerg-fest would keep anyone in my group/fleet from wanting to do this again.
Lt. Commander
# 68
05-19-2010, 03:16 AM
any player who starts terradome should be given a MK55 Tactical Nuclear Launcher. if we're gona be killin endless waves of bugs, might as well do it the right way
Lt. Commander
# 69
05-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobiusMaximus View Post
any player who starts terradome should be given a MK55 Tactical Nuclear Launcher. if we're gona be killin endless waves of bugs, might as well do it the right way
hahaha... welll, we should at least be able to blow the whole thing apart from space. "Starfleet, it is my sincere opinion that the entire structure is lost, and Sulu along with it. Permission requested to destroy it with quantum torpedoes."
Lt. Commander
# 70
05-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morticus
Expect this to change.
soooo any words on what is being changed?