Lt. Commander
Maybe because I'm laid back, enjoy playing alts and various characters/ships that I feel the game is awesome and in the last month is even MORE awesome. Maybe its because most MMORPGs ship with less content then players want but by the end of year 1 there is a lot more content (and people still complain lol), and I realize we're only a couple of months in and already Chapter 2 is going to hit sometime.

I'm satisfied. Sure, it would be nice if they were throwing out content faster, but they're not only adding the leveling kind of content, but they are working on a roleplayers DREAM, ship interiors, additional races, additional ships, etc. etc.

Anyway, anyone else happy and content in STO-land?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I am.
They are way faster than other MMO's.
I can't wait until they get the Genesis System working to 100 percent though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2010, 06:37 PM
I'll be happy once they start the 'new episode every week' plan. And once they add more variety to the exploration missions
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2010, 06:38 PM
well, in all honesty, i don't know how they are going to do the "new episode every week" thing.
They won't be able to do it and they shouldn't have said it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2010, 06:39 PM
I am quite happy with the rate of content additions Cryptic has been pumping out so far. I agree with many here that there should have been more to begin with, but that is beside the point. They are working hard to expand the universe theyve created, and I'm impressed with that work so far.

And yes, the weekly episode plan = Awesomesauce.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I've said all along that i was disappointed with STO at release. The best thing since then that's changed in my opinion is the communication. Yes the game has improved somewhat and it's obvious the dev's are working hard and doing the best they can., but i still feel they have a long hard road ahead of them.

Quite frankly though, i think their biggest problem at the moment is their marketing department. But that's just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Anyway, anyone else happy and content in STO-land?
I have been playing since Open beta and have bene playing the same character since head start. My main has been an RA 5 for nearly 6 weeks, and I still play him every day. I do have a few alts, but none are above LTC (Actually only one is an LTC). I have not grown bored with STO and its content so far.

I'm currently grinding B-Tran missions to complete my set of purple gear (just have ship engine left to go). Then I will grind to get all of the Very Rare Tactical Kits, this should take me about 20 - 25 more days to finish that.

This should take me to mid-late June and it will only be a matter of weeks to wait until Season Two. So, bottom line for me is this....I'm happy with the pace of the new content being released, and I've never really felt that STO had a lack of content to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm very happy at the rate at which Cryptic is adding content. My dissatisfaction stems from the fact that there was not enough content to begin with and so they are playing catch up whilst the players twiddle their thumbs and are charged a pretty penny for it. My other dissatisfaction lies in that the content that they are adding is just more of the same. The content is repetitive and mundane. More of the same just is not enough for me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
I'm happy with the pace of the new content being released, and I've never really felt that STO had a lack of content to begin with.
Klingons.

Have you tried playing one?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
well, in all honesty, i don't know how they are going to do the "new episode every week" thing.
They won't be able to do it and they shouldn't have said it.
Its really not an unrealistic goal at all, assuming they have a decent mission creator interface. In other games where the Devs have developed a public mission creation system(like in COH), a person can create a decent mission with more than one part in a day. Of course, comming up with good story and dialogue, and then testing your missions to make sure it works right takes a little time, but a week should be plenty for someone who is doing it as their job and not just in their spare time like a player would be.