Lt. Commander
# 11
05-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Klingons.

Have you tried playing one?
Yes, that is my LTC alt. But, I did not come into STO looking to play a Klingon as a full faction main toon anyway. So for me the content for Klingons, even at launch, was fine by me. However, don't get me wrong, I'm glad Cryptic will be adding more PVE content to the Klingon side of the house as well.

Would it have been better if the Klingons were a full faction at launch? Sure, or course it would have been better...but that is water under the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
I'm very happy at the rate at which Cryptic is adding content. My dissatisfaction stems from the fact that there was not enough content to begin with and so they are playing catch up whilst the players twiddle their thumbs and are charged a pretty penny for it. My other dissatisfaction lies in that the content that they are adding is just more of the same. The content is repetitive and mundane. More of the same just is not enough for me.
I very much agree, if STO had WoW levels of content at launch I think it would take me years to catch up. Actually I'm almost certain of that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-12-2010, 08:06 PM
i still feel the game needs more mid level content, and im quite annoyed that it seems to be getting ignored. Right now i had to grind out nine or ten rep eatables to level up to cdr. I've not even touched the end game stuff due to me extreme dislike of grinding...
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
well, in all honesty, i don't know how they are going to do the "new episode every week" thing.
They won't be able to do it and they shouldn't have said it.
I think the weekly episodic content has been a little overhyped. My impression of it was that they have story arc missions (say 3 to 5) that they wanted to release in a weekly fashion, so for 3 to 5 weeks, you'll get a new mission every week or thereabouts. I don't think they're going to be producing 20 episodes each week for half a year. I could be wrong in my impresison, but I'm pretty sure I heard the words "story arc" when this was mentioned by dstahl.

That said, I echo others here in that I'm pleased with the pace, but not really interested in a lot of the content produced so far.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTestPilot
That said, I echo others here in that I'm pleased with the pace, but not really interested in a lot of the content produced so far.
This.

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Overall? Yes, I'm rather pleased with what's been cranked out in the timeframe.

I share the view that there wasn't enough at the onset, especially (and I cannot stress this enough) on the Klingon side. They should have tried to buy enough time to release the game with two functional factions.

Though, obviously failing that, they've done well for the faction they've got out, and the Klingons are set to start closing the gap in Season 2.

If they deliver? I'll buy more character slots and start up a Klingon. The remaining slot will be reserved for the next faction, assuming I last that long. As much fun as this game is for me, I can't see it holding me more than a year. We'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-12-2010, 10:34 PM
i think its okay, though i would prefer MORE content in greater packs in less fast periods. not only because i hae to redo my UI every patch, which is very ... annoying
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-13-2010, 01:06 AM
the rate is fine
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTestPilot
I think the weekly episodic content has been a little overhyped. My impression of it was that they have story arc missions (say 3 to 5) that they wanted to release in a weekly fashion, so for 3 to 5 weeks, you'll get a new mission every week or thereabouts. I don't think they're going to be producing 20 episodes each week for half a year. I could be wrong in my impresison, but I'm pretty sure I heard the words "story arc" when this was mentioned by dstahl.

I thought it would be a few more missions, but I definitely thought that it wer "just" missions that they were going to release anyway - but instead of getting them all at once at later time, we get them weekly, starting earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-13-2010, 01:43 AM
I am happy and content with STO. Cryptic is currently doing a good job, but they can do a great job if they just remove the shield rings asap.