Lt. Commander
# 81
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
More like: Gamma Orionis sector, 3 Episodes, 4 STFs, 2 new neutral 'stations' including ground maps (1 exclusive for Lifetimers), A new PvP map, FvF PvP, in addition to the C-Store items.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
And all that within 90 days. Most MMOs are lucky to get that many updates, even small ones, within 9 months. So cut the developers some slack. They're working harder than most other larger dev teams and they are actually delivering.

Maybe they are not delivering exactly what you want, but it's not just about you, is it?
Lt. Commander
# 82
05-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm rather happy with how things have gone so far. I just hope for even a few more social places for people to gather and RP if they so desire.
Lt. Commander
# 83
05-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Been playing about 5 weeks and have seen 3 major updates. That is unreal. Never seen anything like it in an MMO. Fantastic Job on updates Cryptic.

Oh, I do agree that marketing seems to be the John Smedly or ummm (brain fart) his clone at Turbine for LotRO of STO....go take a break, shut your traps and come back in a few months, you are hurting more than helping.
Lt. Commander
# 84
05-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Any MMO I have ever played I have never been happy with the speed to which content is added. I always want it when it is announced.

However, that does not mean that I am a willing to express dissatisfaction because they can not possibly make it happen that soon.

So, it is always going to be a yes and no answer to that question.
Lt. Commander
# 85
05-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
Maybe because I'm laid back, enjoy playing alts and various characters/ships that I feel the game is awesome and in the last month is even MORE awesome. Maybe its because most MMORPGs ship with less content then players want but by the end of year 1 there is a lot more content (and people still complain lol), and I realize we're only a couple of months in and already Chapter 2 is going to hit sometime.

I'm satisfied. Sure, it would be nice if they were throwing out content faster, but they're not only adding the leveling kind of content, but they are working on a roleplayers DREAM, ship interiors, additional races, additional ships, etc. etc.

Anyway, anyone else happy and content in STO-land?
Content speed is fine. The problem is where the content started from.

100% speed from a base of 0 is 0.
Lt. Commander
# 86
05-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post

100 miles/per hour after 1 hour is 100 miles away from 0.

We all know STO launched with more content than 0.

Score
You: 0
Manchester United: 1
Lt. Commander
# 87
05-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post

Yes... We KNOW the game launched too soon with too little. Get over it. It cannot be changed. All that can be done is go forward. If you can't get past the way STO launched, then you are never going to be satisfied with ANYTHIN Cryptic adds.
Lt. Commander
# 88
05-13-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm going to let my account rest a while when my June re-up comes. I'm an RA5 and have no interest in running the course again, at least not right now, but I figure at the speed they're adding and updating content, when a year rolls around this game is going to be spectacular. I'll probably come back in a few months and start playing again. That said, I have to give credit where credit is due. The Devs are burning the midnight oil getting this game up to running speed, and I think they're doing a great job. I think the game started in a deficit, but by the end of this year, should be on par with MMOs that have been running for several years. It's almost worth sticking around just to see it happen. Now I'll quit talking, else I decide to just convince myself to re-up in June. LOL