Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange
05-09-2010, 01:15 AM
I recently noticed I was not selling anything anymore on the exchange. I also noticed that an item I placed on the exchange was not showing up when I or my friends searched for it. My friend also had items she is not seeing when I search for them.

Is this they way it is supposed to work that some items are chosen in a search and some are left off? A few items I could find and I have sold one or two items. But other items just get lost when I post them.

The item I am not seeing currently on the exchange is a jumbo romulan mollusk.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I have the same problem, I have nearly 30 items on the exchange, and more than half are not showing up. At first I though that it was because I could not see my own items, and asked a fleetmate to check for me. He could not see them either.

Is this issue known? Are others getting this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I suspect it some items that were on the exchange before the update are not showing up. (And it appears that they are not subject to the 7-day listing rule.)

I recently removed and relisted several items and they sold in a matter of hours.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-11-2010, 03:34 PM
That was also my conclusion. But after removing many items and re-posting them, the problem persists.

I have yet to find a way to replicate the problem, so far it seems that item type is a factor for me. Posted 2 Phaser turrets MK IX and neither showed up, even after taking them down.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I've noticed that the Search strings are slightly different for some items that are Pre-Patch vs. Post-Patch. As an example the Matson Tribble is

Pre-Patch: 'Tribble<space><space>(mat)'
Post-Patch: 'Tribble<space>(mat)'

And I can still get successful searchs using 'Any Rank', 'Common', 'Personal Device' with either string (but with different price ranges) Its becomes a issue because the search strings are <space> sensitive!!!

And if there are more then 400 items listed, a posted item still may end up in the group of items skipped, and not in the display...

I only post 'Green' items on up, with only a few exception for commons (such as EPS Flow Regulators, and Turrets which are in high demand) and never have an issue with displaying my own posted items in the search...
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Do a simple search for Phaser Turret MK IX. I "Should" have 2 up at 39K each. Standard common items, and there are not 400 of them, I think barely 100. It is not a spelling error either, as I have tried manually spelling it and also dragging the item in the search box to autofill it on many occasions. It find other MK IX turrets, just not mine.

So why are mine not listed? I have tried playing around with the filtering settings and have not been able to find some of my items, while other items I have placed appear without problem...