Lt. Commander
# 11
05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_blue
I'm almost certain that I already know the answer, but I want to double check:

The only abilities that affect ground weapons all belong to Tac officers, correct? In other words, those points I've spent in Starship Phaser Weapons only affect space combat (yes, I'm aware that the answer to that question is already in the name of the skill, but bear with me), and have nothing to do with ground combat.

This means that there will be no skill-related difference in damage or cooldowns regardless of my choice, correct? I'll do the same basic dps with a phaser rifle or an antiproton rifle, so I should base my choice on the proc I desire, right?

This seems a little odd to me- I imagine that knowledge of phasers would apply equally to space and ground, i.e. if I knew how to optimize my ship's phaser systems, I should be able to optimize my phaser rifle, too.
Correct. Non-tactical officers use all four types of ground weapon (melee, pistol, rifle and assault) equally well in terms of skill.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobkyou
You should add some notes to the Pulse Rifle. Its the only expose weapon with a range of 30 meters that can hit multiple targets, plus its secondary attack does a decent amount of damage (just a little less than a split beam). You should always be able to line up your shots to hit at least 2 targets, hitting more than 2 can be a bit tricky unless the enemy is clogging a doorway. Its my personal favorite expose weapon. Max range, solid damage, more than one target.
So noted. See guide entry for details. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. You've done a great job with your guides!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation. You've done a great job with your guides!
I try. Got any suggestions for what my next one should be?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Got any suggestions for what my next one should be?

Wow, there's so much. What about kits? I've always wanted to see a comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of the various kits.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I posted this in the other thread in 'Discussion'. Pistols, rifles and assault weapons all have a listed range of 30.40m. Is that a typo or do all weapons have the same range?

Z
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
I posted this in the other thread in 'Discussion'. Pistols, rifles and assault weapons all have a listed range of 30.40m. Is that a typo or do all weapons have the same range?

Z
Their normal attack does but their special attack does not. Where you see range listed in this guide it refers to the special attack (the "2" key). Long = 30m, medium = 22m, short = 15m, these are rounded numbers.

I realize this is a bit wierd in how one shot is long and the other may not be, but ground combat is not exactly well balanced and isn't slated to be anytime soon - lower priority than space combat.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahK
Their normal attack does but their special attack does not. Where you see range listed in this guide it refers to the special attack (the "2" key). Long = 30m, medium = 22m, short = 15m, these are rounded numbers.

I realize this is a bit wierd in how one shot is long and the other may not be, but ground combat is not exactly well balanced and isn't slated to be anytime soon - lower priority than space combat.
In the 'Info' text it listed 30.48m for both normal and special shot for the pistols, rifles, and one assault weapon my away team carries. I'm guessing that's a typo.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
In the 'Info' text it listed 30.48m for both normal and special shot for the pistols, rifles, and one assault weapon my away team carries. I'm guessing that's a typo.

Z
I can retest things but as I recall assault rifles are definitely not long range and I know that the AoE pistols aren't.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Got any suggestions for what my next one should be?

Wow, there's so much. What about kits? I've always wanted to see a comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of the various kits.
I'll make a note of that. I'm definitely taking care of ground combat guides and that would certainly count. I should also throw in some armor and shield info...
Closed Thread