Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-13-2010, 11:02 AM
If only a tester or two had noticed this before it went live.

Oh well
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Been like that since launch and before... And still not in game.

for clarity... IN GAME
Lt. Commander
# 23
I would love a Constellation class.

What we have in game is not a Constellation class >.<
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Constellation might have been written under a different agreement with the authors so as CBS own the ship outright. Current issues all stems from the royalty agreements the writer's guild put in place several years ago.
true, but wouldn't common sense say to make up your own name for it? added to that I thought CBS checked everything, how could they write off on that?
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Been like that since launch and before... And still not in game.

for clarity... IN GAME
That begs the question, did they have this messed up from the start?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Had a min over...

The 2 obvious spots...
Ship vendor.
In game ship database.

Quote:
That begs the question, did they have this messed up from the start?
First rule of the ship database on the main site... Do not talk about the ship database.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
true, but wouldn't common sense say to make up your own name for it? added to that I thought CBS checked everything, how could they write off on that?
Things get overlooked in licenses all the time. It could be the person who cross-checked didn't even know the difference; until the author brought it to their attention. I've been involved in a couple of situations like that myself. Or it could be something else entirely. I'm simply saying that copyright/royalty issues could be the reason for the change.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-13-2010, 11:14 AM
You know whats really sad, all though beta they were refering to the Cheyenne as the Constellation class, loads of players let the devs know they were refering to the ship with the wrong class name so they fixed it so the Cheyenne was referred to as the Cheyenne (Because thats what class it is). Know, only a few months later they are reverting it back to the wrong name again..........

It has nothing to do with copyrights, this is simply someone at Cryptic thats gotten confused and reverted a fixed name back to a broken name.... *sighs*
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
First rule of the ship database on the main site... Do not talk about the ship database.
It's to early, and to sad for fight club references. ( they Violated my ship ) I think I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-13-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm really disappointed that Cryptic totally ignored the Testers, which noticed this back with Tribble's notes.

They claim to researched Star Trek and listen to their player base, but in this case its obviously aren't doing either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Constellation might have been written under a different agreement with the authors so as CBS own the ship outright. Current issues all stems from the royalty agreements the writer's guild put in place several years ago.
The name is owned by Paramount, so there shouldn't be a problem.

And they can't call the Cheyenne-class Constellation, because its canon that Picard's first command, the Stargazer, was a Constellation class. Which is a completely different model than the Cheyenne.