Lt. Commander
# 1 OK, this is just lazy.
05-15-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm doing the mission "Friend of My Enemy" and I beam onto the station and it's K7....literally.

There is a sign leading to "Club K7" and another that leads to the "Admirals Office", which when you do through it is the "Admin Office"

I've been playing MMOs about a million years and I understand recycling is a time honored tradition (I've seen plenty in STO), but at least make it slightly less obvious.

/rant
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-15-2011, 01:02 AM
yeah noticed that too...

thats the one map where you beam down, talk to ONE npc right in front of you and beam up again right after the text popup, correct?

...they could just had that dialouge in space, per com, why do i need to beam down and hold his hand only to beam up again?

...i am allergic to recycling since that Bird of Prey explosion in Generations
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
yeah noticed that too...

thats the one map where you beam down, talk to ONE npc right in front of you and beam up again right after the text popup, correct?

...they could just had that dialouge in space, per com, why do i need to beam down and hold his hand only to beam up again?

...i am allergic to recycling since that Bird of Prey explosion in Generations
Aye, that's the one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-15-2011, 01:42 AM
I can't say I minded it, to be honest. After all, you are only there for a few minutes, at the most.

Did you find the little easter egg on that map, though? In the Admiral's Office is a certain "Admiral Kim", looking conspicously similar to Harry Kim - only older, and fatter. I thought it was a nice little thing to see
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA
I'm doing the mission "Friend of My Enemy" and I beam onto the station and it's K7....literally.

There is a sign leading to "Club K7" and another that leads to the "Admirals Office", which when you do through it is the "Admin Office"

I've been playing MMOs about a million years and I understand recycling is a time honored tradition (I've seen plenty in STO), but at least make it slightly less obvious.

/rant
Speaking of K7, in the area where you can requisition weapons [also where you can customize clothing], there's not one, not two, but three officers who all look exactly alike.

No change in hair color or anything...absolutely 100% triplets. lol

Doesn't bug me, really; I just thought it was interesting to put three of the same character models within a foot of each other all on the same station.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Yeah, I pointed this out a long time ago... they never even bothered to blank out the sign... ugh.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-15-2011, 05:04 AM
I bugged the sign every time I ran it.

Harry Kim is the commander at that post. I hope it ends up getting refurbished in a Featured Series.

Actually, I'd be fine with that map staying the same except for the sign. I'd rather see a Neutral Zone KDF vs. Fed themed series that revamps Granalda to be more meaningful and K-7 to more closely follow the TOS floorplan. (It doesn't have to LOOK TOS; I'd assume it had upgrades. But I'd like it to look more like the station from TOS with upgrades.)
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadama View Post
I can't say I minded it, to be honest. After all, you are only there for a few minutes, at the most.

Did you find the little easter egg on that map, though? In the Admiral's Office is a certain "Admiral Kim", looking conspicously similar to Harry Kim - only older, and fatter. I thought it was a nice little thing to see
As I recall, Harry Kim was the captain of the U.S.S. Rhode Island in "Endgame" (VOY). I would like to see a mission where Captain La Forge on the U.S.S. Challenger, Captian Beverly Picard on the U.S.S. Pasture, and Captain Kim on the U.S.S. Rhode Island make a cameo apperance. It would be so cool to fight a group of enemies with these three charaters and their ships! Maybe there could be a Captain rank or higher level mission where the players get the opportunity to do so. Maybe at Captain Grade 8 or 9, there is a mission at the Sirrius Sector Gateway or Earth/Sol System where those ships and the player have to fend off an attack by the Borg, which would lead directly into the Borg Front missions.