Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 191
02-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nack
This observation really sums up the thread. I'm unsure if Cryptics ideas about BOs becoming captains is really relevant, if you want a StarTrek experience, you don't necessarily want to PLAY the character you want to involve the character in your missions.

Also, I don't see why they wouldnt start small by allowing us to customize our BOs a little bit here and there, even if its just fluff, its just an entry in a database. It doesnt seem extraordinarily complicated. From there to allow Foundry authors to use certain info in a dialogue here or there, also a small step. The whole 'story arc' piece might need a little more work, but they could easily drop in some of the ideas here.
Well, if they take the movement stance and add in the ability to have different dialog (branching dialog) based on a Bo's stance (which should indicate personality) then that would work.
Or just add in a "personality type".

The issue is that it would require typing the same dialog multiple ways. STO has a small development team so that might be too overwhelming.
Lt. Commander
# 192
02-20-2011, 09:28 PM
We did just get some confirmation that Dan (dstahl) wants to add something like the BOF personality traits suggested http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...93&postcount=6

Hopefully it'll be a little more than just 1 personality trait.
Lt. Commander
# 193
05-14-2011, 07:14 AM
I still believe this is a great idea which can feed very much into foundry and how authors can develop branching options based on your personality etc.

At a minimum I want to use the built in facial expressions in the game that NPCs use via a toggle menu like the interface menu in the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 194
05-14-2011, 01:27 PM
*bonks it on the head and drags it out back*

Burying in the back yard. Please start a new thread if you have an inquiry or more information.
Closed Thread