Lt. Commander
# 1 Undine Terrordrome: Feedback
05-13-2010, 12:42 PM
My Overall Impression: 3 / 10
Frustration Level: Very High.

If you hated Khitomer, then I suggest you don't do this mission regularly.

Part 1 - Space Fight:

Posideon fight is okay.
The Zerg Fleet Afterwards - not okay.
Inescapable Black Hole of Death - definitely not okay

Part 2 - DS9

Finding the Engineers - Fun
Protecting the Engineers - Not Fun at all if you do not successfully find them in the first place.

Part 3 - Terrordrome

MORE ZERG!!!!!!!

Come on Cryptic, why do you always do stupid Zerging? Those I play with online are sick of it.

Kill Waves of Mobs, Get Killed by Waves of Spawn, Hit Respawn, die again, etc.

Seriously, it got old in Infected.

(Be Nice of those Restarting Part 3 was much closer to the boss than having to go through 2 hours worth of fighting).

Boss Fight :

Finding Sulu - Okay
Boss appearing in the middle of the search - Not okay
Tons of Recruits spawning to kill Sulu - Very much not okay!

What can I say, its buggy!

The novelty of this mission quickly wore off when we started seeing nothing but waves of Zerg. I am truly disappointed in Cryptic constantly using the Zerg Tool. Not sure about the rest of you, but everyone I know is sick to death of constantly respawning and running into countless waves of mobs. All for the sake of gameplay.

So Dev Team, I suggest you learn to create ways players can progress without the need to die every 10 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Part 2 - Déjà vu

- It's not "engineer search", it's a scan for federation officers. If people would spend some time reading the dialog text from Myles, they will find the way to solve this part properly. Anyone can do it, it actually speed things up.

-Engineer protection, it's actually easy. I did it with a party of 4(which by the way, this 4 reached the final part..). The requirement is to do the scan properly in such that Undine spawn will be few and not crazed. There'll be federation guards for the engineers too. Split the team up so you can cover the engineers better and threaten any attacking Undine. Again read the dialog text from Myles properly.

It's called Déjà vu, because the part resets(instead of a 15min wait like Khitomer part 1) when you fail. You need to return to docking bay and repeat the step before federation officer scan task given by Myles.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Lol Rogue...chris and i were going to ask your for tips when u logged out...

Am i right to say that the less undine you accidentally set off in the earlier officer scan part will result in fewer spawns in the protection portion?

We were also confused when in one attempt, some of the undine who spawned instantly died for no aparent reason...
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguehwz
Part 2 - Déjà vu

- It's not "engineer search", it's a scan for federation officers. If people would spend some time reading the dialog text from Myles, they will find the way to solve this part properly. Anyone can do it, it actually speed things up.

-Engineer protection, it's actually easy. I did it with a party of 4(which by the way, this 4 reached the final part..). The requirement is to do the scan properly in such that Undine spawn will be few and not crazed. There'll be federation guards for the engineers too. Split the team up so you can cover the engineers better and threaten any attacking Undine. Again read the dialog text from Myles properly.

It's called Déjà vu, because the part resets(instead of a 15min wait like Khitomer part 1) when you fail. You need to return to docking bay and repeat the step before federation officer scan task given by Myles.
Please dont degrade this into personal attacks, Rogue.

They are refered to engineers when you have to protect them while doing the consoles. And they are very much unprotectable.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Most Important Feedback:

It is bugged. You protect all the engineers - none die and they dont hack all the consoles (I played earlier and 1 and 2 werent hacked)

We couldnt replay and the whole instance was bugged and my team left. This happened on tribble and this happened on live. The devs don't listen to feedback on tribble so what is the F*&^ing point of actually putting content on there.

Seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1701A View Post
Most Important Feedback:

It is bugged. You protect all the engineers - none die and they dont hack all the consoles (I played earlier and 1 and 2 werent hacked)

We couldnt replay and the whole instance was bugged and my team left. This happened on tribble and this happened on live. The devs don't listen to feedback on tribble so what is the F*&^ing point of actually putting content on there.

Seriously.
working fine for us.. maybe ya teams retarded ? :O
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
working fine for us.. maybe ya teams retarded ? :O
Not retarded. I have a screeny of two of the engineers standing next to the unhacked consoles DOING NOTHING. If we had failed then the deja vu part would have kicked in and we would have been able to restart the ground part from before the coin tossing part.

But it didn't. so we could either drop the mission and wait until tomorrow to restart from the beginning. Or beam up and wait 15mins for the instance to reset.

Either way no one could be bothered and the team broke up. It is a bug and needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
anyone have a clue how to get past last mob of 50 undine dropping from ceiling?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Nope - and to be honest that whole last room's just 'not fun'. It needs something doing to it to be honest, I mean from our perspective? We found the real sulu and took out the counterparts twice, and one occasion the 50 dropped from the ceiling instagibbing us, the other time sulu decided it'd be fun to go and smack the terradome commander so ran to him....through the gas...plonker.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1701A View Post
Most Important Feedback:

Seriously.

I think this is a general gameplay feedback thread rather than bugs.

I liked it, seaching for the npcs was a nice touch. I was convinced Myles was 8472 though, everytime it reset he became a different species/gender, now I'm fairly sure this is unintentional. Could make it clearer the importence of NOT alerting the guards in this though as it next to impossible to protect them if you do.

The rest was standard STF slightly faster pace, 8472 seem fairly easy to kill compaired to borg. No crap button pressing to suck the fun out of things which is a good thing (Cure I'm loooking at you)

The boss is crazy though, I believe its possible to lose just through bad luck, there are so many variables when you have sulus shooting each other 8472 shooting them, players shooting 8472 weird yellow gas killing everyone.

It gets messy, if you're lucky you'll make it but that dosent leave much room for tactics.

Edit: Forgot to mention there are four consoles in the boss room, one off them turns of the yellow gas. Something to look into.