Lt. Commander
# 21
05-14-2010, 12:36 AM
The problem with Species 8472(yes i call them that) is that they are by nature a Zerg type enemy.
If any of you have seen them in action in episodes you will see that in close quarters they dont use much strategy, just charge and slash and tear anything in their path apart.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Tried this yesterday with other fleet members and my initial thoughts are that information on key points is missing. Specifically where does it state that the more Undine you kill = more Undine when you find all 10 engineers? Nobody in the fleet group knew this and I've only discovered it from reading here which meant we had a good five or more Undine smacking each engineer. Repeated this a few times and then gave up. Only an idiot keeps trying the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

A few other thoughts.... the first space encounter was alright but the gravity well spamming would be annoying on its own, with the bug that constantly pulls you back toward it long after it has gone it's like a permanent penalty.

The action you're supposed to look for..... I stood at one group (in the circle on the minimap) of six people, one was moving about scanning and the others were busy standing about. I spent a good five minutes or more watching them and not one of them did the action. In the end we took a guess and scanned the one walking around using a tricorder and that was the right one. What is the point of telling us to watch for a specific action when one or more are incapable of doing it for one reason or another??? The rest of the STF sounds like a respawnfest as it is and you want to make us wait for an action that won't happen? WHY?!
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-14-2010, 12:54 AM
To qote someone from my group: "Until the third floor it was fun, then it grew old". And i agreee with that, 4 floors with undine trashmobs is no fun at all. Either there need to be less trashmobs or more bossmobs. It is no fun to kill mindless thrasmobs and not getting anything from it.

The boss enounter is fine in my opinion. We did not beat it, but it is a good thing to have an encounter were you have to think about your strategy.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
The action you're supposed to look for..... I stood at one group (in the circle on the minimap) of six people, one was moving about scanning and the others were busy standing about. I spent a good five minutes or more watching them and not one of them did the action. In the end we took a guess and scanned the one walking around using a tricorder and that was the right one. What is the point of telling us to watch for a specific action when one or more are incapable of doing it for one reason or another??? The rest of the STF sounds like a respawnfest as it is and you want to make us wait for an action that won't happen? WHY?!
Yep, this happened to me until I realized the pattern to it. The one that stands in groups of 3 usually will toss a coin within the first minute (game mechanics /emote), if none of them do it at all in the first 2 mins, then it's always the one that walks around scanning.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenzy View Post
So far this is the first STF that is thoroughly not fun, Cryptic if your going to have objects crap undine seemingly endlessly at least cut down on their overall HP by a LOT.
Surely you all were'nt expecting anything different from the snorefests that were the first few STF's?
Same ****, just a different colour...
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-14-2010, 01:26 AM
We beat this yesterday with a nice team, take few tries of last room to figure out the mechanics

real Sulu is the ARRGGHHH one
when all 8 fakes dead, just heal him(personnally i just use triage, it was quite enought) and have an eng with forcefield to let team some time to clear a little zerg fest, btw they don't hit hard, knock them, split beam them, energy blast them, it's just ducks shooting, they die quite fast
For the boss, just shoot him and stay at range of the gaz, it kills you fast
mobs keep spaming regulary but nothing terrible after clearing 1st wave
I see corner consoles become active, but not on this try, they have number and for what i read 1 turn gaz off

This mission is very long but not really hard if organize and read text and dialog
Eng thing is just to take aggro then they could keep working on console, don't be afraid to leave your console to help friends next to you

have fun and keep cool, you could beat this stf easily if not too much bugs like always!

My angry thought: very crappy loots after hours of zerging, just a purple gun and 2 green junks from last room boss, similar loots of infected
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-14-2010, 03:24 AM
We did it yesterday, too, however even killed the Terradome Commander and got the purple loot, we didn't finish the mission.

Regarding the Engineers it rather simple - to find the 10 ones you also have circles on your minimap, usually in 30 seconds the right one threw a coin up.

Since we didn't trigger any of the Undine while scanning for Fed officers we actually had a Psy Master and a constantly respawning Recruit per Console. Each of us hold one console attacking the Recruit and all of our "Engineers" could do the job safely.

Regarding the last room, we cleaned out all the Power Nodes an Incubation Chambers (died many times doing that, but since the Respawn is thankfully placed outside the Boss Room and Nodes and Incubation Chambers don't reappear even if the whole team is wiped) we defeated the Terradome Commander rather easily. And then we got the All Sulu's are invulnerable Bug.

We didn't know about the AHHHH for the real Sulu and the consoles in the last room at that point.

However, all together, we liked the mission (yes some Zerging could be reduced) - at least there was no Proto Drone spawning behind our backs. With few tweaks this even could get our favourite STF so far (maybe one floor less...)

Also, we where all the time in TS, as it was all fleet members with previous STF expertise going in.

BTW, nice touch on the topic name: Terrordrome instead of Terradome
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Well like I said earlyer my only complaint is the time which now that I know a few things it could be shorten by alot. The first SPace battle needs to be toned down some. The Engi part is easy once you read and do it the right way. ALot of people talking about the Zerging dont relize alot of the rooms you can simply run through without much fightning. The last room is what is bad. Im sure there is a pattern or basic idea behind this. The biggest problem is most of the time the real Sulu is already in the fire pit dieing and no way to get him out. When we did manage to find him fast and move him to a corner if you get the Boss to 50% the Counsels light up and you can turn the fire off but he Nukes the whole party including Sulu. If you take all the extra Sulus out you get the Huge Zerg rush and we didnt live through that.

So here is how it goes

Find the real Sulu and kill all the Fakes. Live through the Zerg rush. Get Boss to 50% and set of the Counsels to turn the fire off and jump into the pit before he Nukes because we did find you will live through that. Im just hoping after all the fake sulus are dead and you talk to the real one he follows you into the Pit when its time. Then finish off Boss.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1701A View Post
Most Important Feedback:

It is bugged. You protect all the engineers - none die and they dont hack all the consoles (I played earlier and 1 and 2 werent hacked)

We couldnt replay and the whole instance was bugged and my team left. This happened on tribble and this happened on live. The devs don't listen to feedback on tribble so what is the F*&^ing point of actually putting content on there.

Seriously.
Had the exact same problem, tried resetting instance, same deal... Finally worked after a bunch of resets.

They did a great job creating the inside of a Robotech Invid Regis Hive and the scenery is terrific, right down to the squishy sounds as you walk. Just like the rest of the instances, no voice chat is needed (crank up the Rammstein/Resident Evil/HALO tunes) and get to work), pretty simple tactics, tons of mobs and be careful not to vape Sulu

Some good posts on this thread too
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=157433
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Last night me and some friends were doing Terrordrome, and got to "Where's Sulu?".. That's when things...went down hill...

Once we figured out which Sulu was the right one, and we cleaned out the other fakes..About..Say...80 Undine dropped from the roof and just slaughtered us. Repeatedly..

That is not fun..