Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
If its intended as a system failure after overloading then fine...I can accept that, i applaud it...but if its a bug that keeps the weapon off-line indefinatly, then please fix it finally...its been since Beta.

Im ok with it going off-line for a while, a few minutes even. I can accept that. But it really sucks when it never comes back on-line again until you enter a new instances. It makes those long defensive stands in PvP even worse, since you arent firing on all available hard points.

I just had a case in Cap & Hold where me and two other opponenets, eventually three, were so far away from the main combat area that apparently it bugged us to stay in the match indefinatly.

Sadly for me, as Im holding them off and actually getting one guy's shields doan, I didnt have my beam Overload any more to finish him off...on top of that, I was missing one Beam Array and one Dual Beam Bank for the somewhere around 10-15mins while Im fighting for my life.

I can accept the death, what I cant accept is performing at less than my potential because of a glitch....a long standing glitch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-13-2010, 01:30 PM
bug. it should no longer disables beam weapons, they removed it in the beta. They just left the old tooltip.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
bug. it should no longer disables beam weapons, they removed it in the beta. They just left the old tooltip.
Im losing my beams still after its use. Which ever beam uses it goes off line indefinatly on occasion. It happens in Empire Defense and PvP all the time...its a horrible handi-cap.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-13-2010, 02:46 PM
It's a known bug that's being worked on. Check the Engineering Report.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Im losing my beams still after its use. Which ever beam uses it goes off line indefinatly on occasion. It happens in Empire Defense and PvP all the time...its a horrible handi-cap.
thats why i called it a bug
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Its a bug horrible bug. It doesnt happen only to dual beams, but normal beams also. At one time, i had all my front beams disabled and had use aft beams for "alpha strike" I hope they fix it soon...it pretty ruins my pvp enjoyment
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-14-2010, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Its a bug horrible bug. It doesnt happen only to dual beams, but normal beams also. At one time, i had all my front beams disabled and had use aft beams for "alpha strike" I hope they fix it soon...it pretty ruins my pvp enjoyment
Yeah this bug hits pretty much all weapons, but I've noticed it the most on dual beam banks. This has irked me so much that I have abandoned beam weapons until they fix it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Terrible, terrible bug. I hope this is #1 on the fix priority list.
(Although, oddly, it seems to happen way more in PvE than PvP - probably because it is lag related.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-14-2010, 11:18 AM
It would be very nice if they fixed this one soon rather then latter. I run BO III and love it... but it is very tempting to just run TSS like everyone else till they fix this one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Terrible, terrible bug. I hope this is #1 on the fix priority list.
(Although, oddly, it seems to happen way more in PvE than PvP - probably because it is lag related.)
It happens in pvp alot also. Its gone after you die, however i often have 3 out of 4 beams disabled...either i spam beam overload too much, or i dont die too much anyway, this bug is hoooriiiibleeeeeeeeeee
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 AM.