Lt. Commander
This is the 2nd or 3rd "Aid the Planet" mission I have received. This one is...

"System Kappa Pictoris U877- Gamma Relief"

After I agree to deliver aid and I move toward the planet - nothing happens. No pop up window asking me if I want to beam down. As I move to the planet everything turns white as I float around in the atmosphere.

This has been the case with every mission I've accepted with the objective, "Aid the Planet".

Are these missions bugged?

My last 3 petitions to GMs have been ignored, so I thought I would find better luck getting an answer on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2010, 05:14 PM
No. they're not bugged. I think you're not doing that mission right, but am about to bounce for a few hours so someone will hopefully explain in detail. You don't beam down to the planet foor those. You either have the required items, so click a window. Or you need to get the required items. And then get the window and box to click.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Ya know, I don't recall EVER completing an Aide the Planet mission. By the time I buy the 10 things they want, I forgot who wanted what and end up deleting the missions! They really are a waste of a mission.... More suited for Merchants or Traders, not warships!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
They really are a waste of a mission.... More suited for Merchants or Traders, not warships!
Good thing Starfleet doesn't build warships, huh?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2010, 05:38 PM
I've been doing these today. Out of 4, 2 were bugged. It was another example of me flying into the planets' surfaces without receiving a hail prompt. I posted a vid of it in the bugs sub-forum.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2010, 05:42 PM
The last time i did one, i was asked to deliver 10 shield generator. Did not have them so i used the replicator button in the inventory. I bought the 10 shield genrator and a window showed up asking if i wanted to deliver them. I never beamed to a planet, just trough the com channel. Never had one bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Go to planet, get dialog box. Choose option 'deliver items'.
Replicate options in your replicator.
Open 'ops' button on lower right. Choose 'deliver items'.
Get gift.
Profit.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
. More suited for Merchants or Traders, not warships!
«this is not a ship of war this is a ship of peace»
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
I'd love to add some input,, but since I still haven't received an Aid the Planet mission...
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Go to planet, get dialog box. Choose option 'deliver items'.
Replicate options in your replicator.
Open 'ops' button on lower right. Choose 'deliver items'.
Get gift.
Profit.
Thank you very much, I am kinda dissapointed i didn't think of that , appreciate your sharing info and also the duh i needed to get me thinking again haha. Really thanks.

ps. I had no idea they were profit missions, wouldn't even consider paying for supplies since I am close to broke atm. Wondering how people get cash in this game to afford some of the prices being asked.