Lt. Commander
After these changes, I'm sorry to say it is for me. The one thing I liked about Memory Alpha is it offered me a way to earn credits without having to constantly fight things and collect drops. I don't know if it is the influx of players at Memory Alpha right now or the new changes, but prices for items have dropped by over 66%. This now makes the grind for anomalies have a much lower return on investment than fighting mobs.

Please either add items or offer something unique to Memory Alpha. Two additions that will really help would be to add items that only be found at Memory Alpha or add the ability to make blue consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2010, 06:58 PM
At the moment, pretty much. Hopefully by the end of the year it will be something resembling a real crafting system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2010, 07:10 PM
At the moment. Unfortunately yes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2010, 07:12 PM
It's really a total waste, but as for the selling of anomalies, I don't see that. I had a lot of them posted for sale at reasonable prices and they all sold today.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes it's a waste, spend your time in defend missions and grind to RA3. Then spend your time doing the daily's.

You get better gear from the Marks of Exploration and you get better drops to sell.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalsgt View Post
Yes it's a waste, spend your time in defend missions and grind to RA3. Then spend your time doing the daily's.

You get better gear from the Marks of Exploration and you get better drops to sell.
Prior to RA1, you can getter better gear in Crafting than from Exploration.

Most gear from MK IV-MkVIII is blue; Exploration mostly yields Green (until you reach RA3 and get the daily)
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Prior to RA1, you can getter better gear in Crafting than from Exploration.

Most gear from MK IV-MkVIII is blue; Exploration mostly yields Green (until you reach RA3 and get the daily)
You will never be able to tell the difference between a green and a blue item.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalsgt View Post
You will never be able to tell the difference between a green and a blue item.
Except for the whole bonus to a second energy type resistance that blue ship shields can get you amongst many things.

Don't tell me a [Cap]x2 or [Cap][Reg] won't be noticeably better than a green [Cap] item.

I don't even PvP that much and could tell those would benefit you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Let me add to this thread that "Crafting" as it were, is not beneficial for End-Game. However, this patch today was the first of many concerning memory alpha or "Crafting". I suggest still working on unlocking all tiers and maxing it out, because in future patches, it will be much more useful. Hopefully taking Darren's ideal's into account for the next memory alpha patch.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2010, 10:04 PM
id say throw it out and stop waisting resources developing it. or give us full crafting and loss of ships