Lt. Commander
# 31
05-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Garak was awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Cardies do infact rule.

Heck Dukat is one of the reasons i'm still miffed that Cryptic never ported over the CO nemesis mechanic to STO. i want my own Dukat to hone my blade upon!
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Garak was the most compelling of any Star Trek character. The DS9 episode "In the Pale Moonlight" is the coolest episode of any television show ever made.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-19-2010, 07:56 PM
I think the Cardassians make a logical addition to the game as a playable faction, based on how much of their culture and society we've seen. Plus they have a pretty compelling story- on some level, you want to dislike them because of their warlike past, but at the same time, they're trying to overcome that.

An idea I posted in another thread:

Set up a Cardassian Civil War, and let players choose a side in it. This effectively creates two playable Cardassian races, but I think it is doable and would be very interesting. (Make all of Cardassian space an open PVP zone, and let Fed and Kling players enter it to support the respective sides?)
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-20-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I think the Cardassians make a logical addition to the game as a playable faction, based on how much of their culture and society we've seen. Plus they have a pretty compelling story- on some level, you want to dislike them because of their warlike past, but at the same time, they're trying to overcome that.

An idea I posted in another thread:

Set up a Cardassian Civil War, and let players choose a side in it. This effectively creates two playable Cardassian races, but I think it is doable and would be very interesting. (Make all of Cardassian space an open PVP zone, and let Fed and Kling players enter it to support the respective sides?)
An excellent idea.