Lt. Commander
Seriously Cryptic... PLEASE let us actually ATTACK the romaing Enemy Signal Contacts.
We seem to be in a mid-level drought as the hold players have moved on to higher levels and the influx of new players are still low level.... as a result i was going to go grind Mk IV equipment last night only to find that there was not a single open Enemy Signal Contact i could enter.... but plenty of roaming ones which of course i could not attack....
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Seriously Cryptic... PLEASE let us actually ATTACK the romaing Enemy Signal Contacts.
We seem to be in a mid-level drought as the hold players have moved on to higher levels and the influx of new players are still low level.... as a result i was going to go grind Mk IV equipment last night only to find that there was not a single open Enemy Signal Contact i could enter.... but plenty of roaming ones which of course i could not attack....
I agree with you on this, as i useually go to thoes ESC to test out my new ship / settings but have to follow a
ship around until it finds a target and then watch the target RUN from it and most of the time get away so please make it where we can attack the ESC romaing around
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
If you can't attack it, it sounds like you're too high a level slumming in a lower level section... Try moving up to a more challenging sector, and you should be able to find plenty of contacts to play with
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
If you can't attack it, it sounds like you're too high a level slumming in a lower level section... Try moving up to a more challenging sector, and you should be able to find plenty of contacts to play with
Well seeing as how deep space encounters now scale up, I could understand who some people might be inclined to to fight Klingon rather than cardasians or borg.

I agree that this needs to be looked into, and I think this is the simplest method to remedy the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Dude... you can't attack them period, they can only attack you if your in the right level bracket.
However you can enter already "open" signal contacts, I.E that nebula cloud with ships circling thingy.

What i want is to be able to attack other signal contacts roaming the area at will, and i think many others would like that too.
And don't give me that crap about moving up to a more challenging sector, i want to fight romulans and i "need" Mk IV equipment drops for R&D.

And with the accolades comming this need to be able to go back and fight in lower level deep space encounters is even more pressing as there will be accolades for killing stuff like 500 hirogen or whatever.

And before anyone spouts any more nonsense about level restrictions, let me point out that there is no MMO that does not let high levels attack low-level NPC's.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Aren't all of the ESCs in a sector- whether they're roaming or not- just doorways to the same group of "defend" instances?

Quote:
And before anyone spouts any more nonsense about level restrictions, let me point out that there is no MMO that does not let high levels attack low-level NPC's.
Problem is, next time the instance resets, all of the enemies scale to the highest level player. That means an Admiral going in to low-level defend missions is being really, really unfair to everyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Seeing as fleet action instances are rank capped i don't see the problem.
Just do the same for DSE's or have DSE's be fixed to level in a particular sector.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Seeing as fleet action instances are rank capped i don't see the problem.
Just do the same for DSE's or have DSE's be fixed to level in a particular sector.
That's how they started out, and for all anyone I've spoken to can tell the auto-leveling was an introduced and still unaddressed bug.

Anyway, I agree that we absolutely should be able to force the enemy contacts into battle with us. Turnabout is fair play, after all.

I also wish that each map encounter icon was an actual group of wandering NPCs that needed to be engaged and defeated rather than a sector-wide fully generic and very dull fleet action, but I've been saying that since CB.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Oh yeah definatley noticing this now.

CRYPTIC! This needs to be a PRIORITY!
I spent like half an hour hunting for an open hirogen DSE and found none with my RA5.
Lt. Commander
# 10 New Player - Enemy contacts
06-19-2010, 10:03 AM
From reading this thread, I can see that apparently these deep space encounters were made to scale up for higher level players, or whatever, but I'm a brand new player and I'm getting very frustrated by these defend sector missions because here I am, a lowly Lieutenant Commander 2 and I get jumped only to be completely destroyed within 3 seconds of entering because of fighter squadrons that are 25 or 30 levels higher. I can't tell you how many times this has happened, or how many times I've sat there and watched it happen to other low level players.

This is ridiculous. I've entered 3 deep space encounters in the past 15 minutes and all three have resulted in my instant death with ships 25 to 30 levels higher that aggro on entry. Of course, this prompted me to log off and come to the forums looking for a reason. If this is due to the scale up then it seriously needs some fixing as it's currently VERY unfriendly to low level, and often new players, like myself.

Things like this make me want to just walk away after my first month. Fortunately, I'm mostly enjoying the game.

Woody