Lt. Commander
The title says it all. Its quite irritating having to dodge the DSEs or get sucked into one when trying to travel with your team to a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
The title says it all. Its quite irritating having to dodge the DSEs or get sucked into one when trying to travel with your team to a mission.
Yes It is quite irritating, there is no use for auto pilot since you seem to get sucked into a DSE at least once while traveling.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-15-2010, 06:44 AM
used to hate it

now i like it

i am trying to get a mark III photon torpedo from sierra and i get zapped into a Romulan space thing and die in about 4 seconds

and i am thinking- ok- this time i fight- and then i gear up and die in about 9 seconds

so then i think- ok i wll zap out of here- and was not fast enough and died in about 7 seconds

then i said - well click faster or try to fly out of range- so i tried evasive manuevers, shields, polarize hull and died in about 8 seconds

then i thought- i am not strong enough to fight Romulans and so avoid ships and black spots with red smoke around them

but you can fight klingons

i say more abritrary stuff- not less
like a cube appears and assimilates you and your whole crew or something
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
That's the price you pay for all that juicy Fed content. Roll a Klingon, you'll never have to worry about a DSE ever again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-15-2010, 07:01 AM
It is very frustrating. It is also impossible to go afk for a minute or two to get a drink or something when in the sector maps because every time I do I always get sucked in to a DSE even if there didn't seem to be one nearby at the time.

At least a clicky in the options somewhere that gives you the choice to go in to them automatically or not
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Fly to the top of the map and cruise along.

Not been sucked into a DSE since umm... How long this game been out again?
Well other than the times Chat wanted to do a DSE that is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Random DSEs don't bug me too much, as long as they don't get in the way of other game play.

In Gamma Orionis, they get in the way. The only way I've been able to get to get back and forth to and from the B'Tran Cluster to Battle Group Omega is by trailing along the extreme map edge. Borg show up way too frequently and in numbers way too large.

Another trick I've found for avoiding Borg DSEs for the curious: if a cube is getting too close and you're close enough to the edge, make the "Warp to..." dialog come up- I'm not sure if it's programmed constraints or what, but I've never had an enemy override that dialog to suck me into a DSE. Not yet, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-15-2010, 10:56 AM
More people that never played MMO's.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Make it a option
05-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Give the player the power to pick if they want it it put a off switch on the Deep Space Encounters.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
More people that never played MMO's.
Uh I never had to worry bout gettin sucked into a zone in EQ or EQ2 and I been playin them a while now!