Lt. Commander
# 21
05-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
When the DSE is already triggered, and there's that little swirly portal thing with tiny ships floating in it, there's a simple dialog that went something like:
Tactical Officer (or First Officer): "Captain! There are Federation ships engaged with the enemy here! Shall we join the fight?"
Option 1: Yes, join the fight.
Option 2: No, we have more pressing matters to deal with.

Why can't they do that for the ones that chase you around, too? That's fairly immersive!
To me, it's the difference between stumbling into a fight in progress and deciding whether to help your fellow Starfleet officers, and having some cowardly Klingons launch a sneak attack, disabling my warp engines and forcing me to choose whether to fight for my life or run for it.

It's a subtle, but real difference, in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
It really sucks to get sucked into a DSE and be automatically swarmed with a ton of mobs.

>.<
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I too would like to see a pop-up message allowing us to decline entry to DSEs under all circumstances. As it is now, I can just click to exit if it's not what I really want to do at the time anyway. So why force us to sit through zoning in and then zoning back out again? That's all you're accomplishing with allowing the 'forced entry' to DSEs. Neither fun nor immersive, IMO.

(And I also wonder -- how many people at any given time are doing this zoning in and out -- how much bandwidth burning or server switching could we avoid by NOT having them all have to do that? It may be a good thing for the unified server too!)
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
Yeah but you weren't shown two loading screens when you did run into an enemy. Dunno how much you guys like loading screens but if that's the case then sector space is for you!
What loading screens? Avoid them fine here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineofive
Yepp i am avoiding them easy ( . .........Not. ) when at the toilet gettin rid of to much coffee, which is the most sane thing to do when traveling from A to B in sector space
Said somewhat easy. Usually you are pretty safe when you stay at the ceiling of the map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyran_Tol View Post
I play WoW alot when travelling along the roads there are not much that will attack you. You can also spot areas where you can go afk without to much problem.

On this the only place i find safe to go afk is by the stations.

Back to the original point I too find them annoying. I normally warp straight out if get pulled in to one rather than fight. To me it would make sense to prompt you whether to go in or ignore.
Oh there are safe spots to go AFK.

Only place? You could go to the bridge, go hug a star in a nearby system(pretty safe to stay inside the rings actually) or maybe go near the edge of the map and open up a warp to window(they tend to shut off the automatic su... You know...).

Add an option for it. Nobody will complain that way.
Well those that enjoy to complain will of course. :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Mayhem
That's the price you pay for all that juicy Fed content. Roll a Klingon, you'll never have to worry about a DSE ever again.
LOL good point.... hence why I have a Klingon Engineer Im leveling
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majosea View Post
I. for one, don't mind DSE's. If I get sucked in, no biggie, that is just the opportunity to complete the dse task that starfleet has set before me so i stay in, complete one then hit transfer to another instance ...complete it..rinse repeat..less than 10 minutes I have all 3 under my belt and happily exit to sector.

and Jeff is right, if you severely need a bathroom , smoke or drink break...go to your bridge...you are safe there.
Again missing the point. When my fleet is on and we are going to a TEAM mission, it sucks to have to wait while one person tries to exit the DSE.

Auto-DSE's are useless and an annoyance more often then not (even just warping out of them takes a few min between the loading screens).

Not to mention the fact that the likelyhood of all 5 team members getting INTO the same DSE is like winning the lottery.

Thats my point.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't mind the way they wander around and try to attack you, they're really pretty easy to avoid.

What I do mind is the way the enemies scale up to the highest level player, and there's always a high level player.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-26-2010, 10:19 PM
I approve of this message.

Getting dumped into deep space encounters is my biggest pet peeve about this game full of pet peeves.

At first I thought it might be some crafty ploy by the devs to keep you from going AFK while you endured the interminable journey across sector space at snail-pace speed. But, I think I've given the devs too much credit on this one. I think it's a "bug" not a "feature" judging by the huge amount of other bugs creepy crawling around in this game.

Get rid of this.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-27-2010, 07:59 AM
In all honesty, Deep Space Encounters have been a pain in the... derriere since Closed Beta. There are several issues with DSE's but the most severe of them are the loading screens going in and out, and the Enemy Flagship and it's entourage that "patrol" the spawn point of empty DSE instances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
...Add an option for it. Nobody will complain that way.
Well those that enjoy to complain will of course. :p
I suggest Cryptic simply change the DSE design so that if a player does not have the appropriate "Defend Sector Block XXXX", they would not get sucked into DSE's in the particular sector, and by actually agreeing to fight in a DSE, the appropriate "Defend Sector Block XXXX" will be automatically added to their mission log.

In essence, DSE's have become that annoying PvP-twinkie who /duel you and won't have "NO" for an answer, and it has become tiresome going through two loading screens and some button-clicking simply to go on my way to doing something that's more fun than a DSE.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
The title says it all. Its quite irritating having to dodge the DSEs or get sucked into one when trying to travel with your team to a mission.
I 100% agree.