Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-15-2010, 03:35 PM
I like Cloak the way it is but I would like to see counter measures (like Vent Warp Plasma) get some kind of boost.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
An Honor... meter? Now you're suggesting another artificial rule that would break immersion. You can't measure honor by how long someone does or doesn't stay cloaked.

And actually, I strongly disagree. There are times when running from a fight is a good thing. For example to win an arena match. There are also times when hitting Abandon Ship, running full bore into a furball, popping Eng Team and Hazard Emitters on a team mate and then blowing up are just as important.

Players will play as honorable or not, that's the point of playing with people and not pre-defined AI. That's the point of playing an MMO in the first place.
----------
Your right, let's keep things real then. When can i be able to go the bathroom, or eat like a klingon? Immersion is in your mind, nothing else. Your just afraid of changes and that's okay. First year for an mmo, changes will happen and many you'll despise.

----------
You can still run from a fight, if you still got Honor energy level left. And according to my system if you read anything i actually wrote, it recharges when your not cloaked. So since you were fighting for a while, you already have honor. And nothing i suggested breaks your abandon ship tactic. Maybe you should read before commenting. Or at least stay within the topic.

----------
Not the point of playing an MMO, if you want a game where PvP is abused. Go elsewhere. If you noticed, this game doesn't have open PvP areas where they can just kill you for shopping. So this was Cryptic's intent from day 1 to make this game casual. Casual means just that. There is nothing casual about waiting for people who are too afraid to uncloak so we can get pvp going. To go to a pvp arena, but they make the other side wait again, just to cause frustration. Cryptic doesn't like frustration within the community, but only certain things they can control, like spamming. They can't control PvP just yet, because this game is barely 6 months old. They have no idea what they are doing(most mmos can't get things right the first year).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Robinson
--------------------
Actually, it does have to use some level of limitations to be called an mmo. Mmos who doesn't adapt to players dies off. So at this point you can keep your 'canon' mentality when everyone else got tired of things not getting fixed or balanced.

--------------------
Afraid your missing the point, the issue isn't about the klingons, it's about the cloak. Having feds with cloaking technology will just make it worst since now both side will just stay cloak until one side decides to cloak(which always ends up badly when they do).

--------------------
And without rules, you don't get your fun factor. Have you already forgotten about the fact that some players abuse cloaks just so the opposite gives up waiting for you. You want fun? You need rules. As dumb as this sounds, sports is fun, and sports got tons of rules. Without rules or restrictions, players can do whatever they want at the expense of others. I can see your a life time subscribers, but some of us have a life. We can't be waiting long PvP games because someone like you who has all the time in the world won't concede to the fact your not the only player out there. And nothing i suggested penalizes you unless(as previously mentionned) you, yourself, abuses this game mechanic.

Again, the cloak just isn't that much of an advantage. If the other team is taking too long they're probably planning and working as a team... if you're inconvenienced, and you don't want to wait for them, feel free to leave. I'd rather have folks on my team that want to think and support each other, instead of mash the spacebar.

I don't know why you're getting so personal in your posts, you had a suggestion, I disagree for the points that I stated. There's no reason to get personal. And I have a life, thank you very much.

Consider yourself reported.

Edit: I take it back, I won't report you. Again, not sure where the animosity is coming from, but I don;t need it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I like Cloak the way it is but I would like to see counter measures (like Vent Warp Plasma) get some kind of boost.
Nothing I suggest would prevent you of using cloak, it is just a system to prevent frustration for your opponent. You may not care for your opponent as much, but respect goes a long way. Without any opponents, you don't have a PvP to go to. And many players already have given up on PvP because of this cloaking frustration of waiting extremely long periods just to find a fight. Best example, reason why Klingons prefers fighting feds, and why feds prefer fighting other feds, in 5 vs 5 matches.

My suggested system would never affect a regular pvp players. Would only affect the cloaking ships with no end.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
Again, the cloak just isn't that much of an advantage. If the other team is taking too long they're probably planning and working as a team... if you're inconvenienced, and you don't want to wait for them, feel free to leave. I'd rather have folks on my team that want to think and support each other, instead of mash the spacebar.

I don't know why you're getting so personal in your posts, you had a suggestion, I disagree for the points that I stated. There's no reason to get personal. And I have a life, thank you very much.

Consider yourself reported.

Edit: I take it back, I won't report you. Again, not sure where the animosity is coming from, but I don;t need it.
There you go again, not listening to what i'm posting. Why you keep replying to stuff if your not reading it. I never said anything about unfair advantage. I'm only talking about annoying players on purpose, nothing to do with PvP tactics at all. Let me put it this way, maybe your mind can comprehend. How would you like it if a 5v5 match, feds would not respawn at all for 20 mins. This is very similar to being cloak, since they are untouchable. The pvp arenas are huge and with such a low cooldown on sensor scan and short range, impossible to find klingons who wants to stay hidden.

Would that be a pleasant experience? Waiting 20 mins for action to happen again? And since they never told you they gone afk for 20 mins, you would be staring at empty screen, probably chatting, but your ship be very much idle, helpless and useless. And after all what i have said, if you can't still comprehend the frustration certain players I have seen go through for dealing with abusive usage of cloaking duration, then your nostalgia is blinding you and you'll never be able to form a proper opinion about anything to do with this game.

I apologize to be blunt, but your just trolling this thread.
1. You are not reading correctly what I post and
2. You simply post the same thing over and over without a valid argument.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-15-2010, 03:58 PM
A quick question , how often have you KvK'd as a Klingon , and frankly the last few times I've pvp'd cloak was hardly used , unless to regroup. In closing Cloak is fine as it is , this has been hashed out more times then i can recall and frankly they've (Cryptic ) said they aren't going to change it , so move along. Can a Moderator close this thread and pile it on the dead corpse of all the other Cloaking nerf threads, please ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I get that if everyone is cloaked neither side can get anything done. Someone on one side or the other is going to have to decloak or everyone is going to leave. Introduce another timer and someone is going to fly off to the far side of a map and wait it out. It's a decent idea, just not one that I see as effective or even important what with all of the other broken things in this game.

In your example situation, either side could expose themselves first or stay cloaked indefinitely. It sounds like a bunch of kids are ticked off because each wants the other to bend over for them in which case both sides are full of morons and the game really should last forever. It will keep some of the other dipsticks out of queue's that I'm trying to get into.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
A quick question , how often have you KvK'd as a Klingon , and frankly the last few times I've pvp'd cloak was hardly used , unless to regroup. In closing Cloak is fine as it is , this has been hashed out more times then i can recall and frankly they've (Cryptic ) said they aren't going to change it , so move along. Can a Moderator close this thread and pile it on the dead corpse of all the other Cloaking nerf threads, please ?
lol, agreed Vuk. For some reason he's focused on me, and is just unwilling to listen. I have never seen this particular problem, and limiting cloak in that way would just kill immersion that much farther.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Robinson
There you go again, not listening to what i'm posting. Why you keep replying to stuff if your not reading it.
Actually, I read everything. In fact, I've gone back twice to see if I missed anything. Perhaps you're not explaining what you're suggesting as well as you think you are? Reading the other replies here by other folks leads me to believe they're seeing the same thing that I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Robinson
I never said anything about unfair advantage. I'm only talking about annoying players on purpose, nothing to do with PvP tactics at all. Let me put it this way, maybe your mind can comprehend. How would you like it if a 5v5 match, feds would not respawn at all for 20 mins. This is very similar to being cloak, since they are untouchable. The pvp arenas are huge and with such a low cooldown on sensor scan and short range, impossible to find klingons who wants to stay hidden.

Would that be a pleasant experience? Waiting 20 mins for action to happen again? And since they never told you they gone afk for 20 mins, you would be staring at empty screen, probably chatting, but your ship be very much idle, helpless and useless.
Again, I've never seen it happen in ranking both a Fed and a Klink to T5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Robinson
And after all what i have said, if you can't still comprehend the frustration certain players I have seen go through for dealing with abusive usage of cloaking duration, then your nostalgia is blinding you and you'll never be able to form a proper opinion about anything to do with this game.
Define "proper opinion", please. If you mean that I must form an opinion in line with yours, then no, I guess I won't. That's why it's called an opinion after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Robinson
I apologize to be blunt, but your just trolling this thread.
1. You are not reading correctly what I post and
2. You simply post the same thing over and over without a valid argument.
Why the insults? The bottom line is that you think cloak should be limited to a specific amount of time, I disagree.

As to posting the same thing over and over, of course I have, it's a valid objection to your suggestion. I'm sorry that you think I'm trolling your post, that's not my intent. My intent was to show you that I don't think that your fear of Klingons "abusing cloak" is warranted, and changing major gameplay mechanics would not be a good idea.

The reasons that it would not be a good idea:

1. It changes established gameplay mechanics.
2. It's unnecessary, I believe cloak is pretty fairly balanced, the devs did a good job with it.
3. Your suggestion would unnecessarily change canon established function of the cloak.
4. It would artificially impose rules that would break immersion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-15-2010, 05:36 PM
we will see if all these arguments you made here about canon and immersion hold up when the Romulan faction goes online, also equiped with cloaking technology(canon)

I bet, once introduced, Feds will whine as never before(understandable somewhere) due to two factions having something they don't.

Besides this, cloaked vs cloaked can dragg on a very long time, but premades will adapt and lure other cloaked factions with lures and new strategies, all part of adapting.

So lets wait and see how big these problems pann out when the Romulans get here shall we
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 PM.